New track, "Fade Away (pt 2)"...comments?

Fat_Satchel

I suffer Narcoleptic Rage
This is the 2nd half of a song about 5 friends that died in a carwreck when I was 17...Like the other one I have posted, this is short. More than anything I wanted to pass on a raw feeling, without any pretense to being "pretty" and still feel like a ballad. this is also part of a concept CD.

Any comments would be apreciated

Lemming Scream

Fade Away
Copyright © 2005 by Matt Brosnan

Chorus
Fade away
They’ll fade away
Fade away someday

Verse
Remember when I could tell you anything?
How you wouldn’t make a sound
Now the silence is deafening
Without you
Hanging around
Hanging around
Hanging around

Verse
Remember how I could sell you anything
Like, “someday we’ll leave this God-forsaken town”
At least one of us got away
Me, I’m still here
Hanging around
Hanging around
Hanging around

Verse
Now I’m living life a little further from the edge
You’re still six feet underground
I still wonder why you had to die
When life was golden and we were young
Why does it feel like such a crime?
To let the memories turn to grey

Chorus
Fade away
They’ll fade away
Fade away someday

Thanks!
LS

i didn't really enjoy the overall recording very much. the vocals were too quiet, mostly, and i didn't really like the sound of the drums. the song isn't exactly the style that i listen to, but i felt like it was a good song; however, i didn't like the way it was sung. almost every word was slightly off timing (mostly intentional). i feel like if you had a strong downbeat where the drums, guitar, and vocals all landed at the same time, it would sound stronger, but as it was, it was like some guy playing guitar and some vocals just messing around.

the vocals sound like an afterthought, like someone wrote a great song and you tried to sing over them. I'm not crazy about the sound of them either.

Didn't really like it to be honest...probably because I think that song sounds too much like Metallica, well, at least, the voice does anyway. And I can't say that it's a genre I particularly like.
Also, the vocals are out of time quiet a lot in it, and the drum bit doesn't really fit.

Back