new studio setup, this ok?

tomb

hello all, a buddy let me borrow a delta 1010. i love it. wanted to get one, and i found this pacakge, http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...8655282/g=guitar/search/detail/base_id/101852 . i was wondering if you guys could take a look at this and let me know if this will do good recordings, or is everything with it pieces of crap. i have a marshall stack, whats the best way to record that? sure sm57? or 2 of them? or a condesor mic. im getting the 7 piece nady drum mic kit, and thinking of gettign a sans amp to record the bass. please let me know if this stuff will do? we need to order in a hurry, we have some radio staions wanting a cd. will all this equipment get me studio quality?or would is sound like crap. thanks

Anyone smell a lawsuit?
Look at the pre-amp, that's an Aardvark if I'm correct, not a presonus.
I'll contact them about false advertising.

tomb said:
will all this equipment get me studio quality?or would is sound like crap.

The best equipment in the world won't get you "studio" sound if you don't know how to use it. Unless you have a lot of recording experience -- and if you truly have radio stations waiting for your cd-- i'd take that grand you were planning on spending on recording equipment, and buy a few days in a real studio.

If you have the time and patience to learn how to use everything, and are willing to have things sound like crap for awhile ( :D ), then that stuff's not a bad way to start (other than the fact that its not a delta in the picture like the others mentioned). :)

Good luck!

travis

we had talked about that, but then that just sets us back again. meaning if we buy the stuff with the money we have saved, then work on it 24/7, and get it down, then in the future when ever we need to record again, we just do it. by going to the studio, we would only get 3 songs for that much. and it seems pointless, i know there are cheaper studios else where, but ardent studios is the best here in town. ive done alot of acoustic guitar recording got to where the mix was great, hits the subs jsut right. i know electric guitar is different, but i think i could learn fast. ahh well.

Back