new studio in york pa

The look is very clean and attractive but there's almost no actual information there. I think you should flesh it out more before you ask people en masse to take a look.

Also you have too many layers -- one needs to click too many times to get in there and find out there's nothing there anyway yet. Websites with a "title page" that you have to click through to get to the actual homepage are a turn-off to prospective customers.

Is there a reason that philosophy is misspelled-- is there a sophie involved with the studio and it's a play on words?

Oh, and one more thing -- wouldn't the "Marketing Your Music / Publicity" forum be a better place for you to ask about this? You would probably have better luck finding meaningful feedback there.

Thanks

Sorry for the premature post. I did not get a chance to flesh it out yet. I am considering losing the entrance page (which I find many pro sites have) because I asked a friend to take a look at the site, and they said all they saw was "deharmonic sound labs" (they didn't know it was a link).

Thank for the forum selection suggestion. I posted it here due to my "newbieness". I will flesh it out and work on it before I repost it.

Thanks again.

oh yeah

philosophie is german for philosophy. it is only mispelled if you are linguicentric.... shouldn't en masse be spelled in mass?

Re: oh yeah

ecs113 said:
philosophie is german for philosophy. it is only mispelled if you are linguicentric.... shouldn't en masse be spelled in mass?
No "en masse" is a french expression and should be spelled appropriately for the language of origin....

It has nothing to do with being "linguicentric" - it's simply very unprofessional to find misspellings on advertising and other marketing material, including websites. And unless it's a commonly-used expression (like en masse), it looks plain silly to use a different langauge's spelling on certain words.

There are standards you know.... professional businesses pay attention to details like that...

Last edited:
Spelling philosophy auf deutsch will be interpreted as pretensious by 95% of your visitors. If the 5% are the ones you want to target, that's fine...

You are right, a lot of professional sites do have the "entrance" page... a lot of professional sites also have pop-up ads...

Back