New songs up for critique!

kartikbala

Hi all,

The past month has been totally sleepless as my band has been recording and mixing the soundtrack for a local theatre production.

I've put two songs up on nowhere radio for you guys to listen to. As usual, all comments are welcome! Thanks pple!

Cheers!
KB

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1447&alid=-1

Lyrics:
LAST PRAYER
May there be some day
Where I can stop and say
This is the world that I longed for
Look around you today
With our flames we glorify
We are not the prey

The road has taken a bend away
I no more know my way
The wheel of time has spun its net
It has a lot to say
But every round it has spun
Same design of dismay

You, I cannot betray
You are the one I pray
If I am dreaming in my sleep
Don't wake me up again
This scene of hate I can't see
No more can I bear this pain

NO MORE
All that's left is the truth inside
There's no pain like the kind you can hide
Ain't nobody to take your side
No more

I've been running from the truth too long
Smiling smiles and singing songs
Ain't no place to hide my face
No more

CHORUS:
Trying to live in a world
That's leaving me behind
Watching the blood from the wounds
Of a life that's been unkind
What's happening to you
What's happening to you

All that's left are the gazing eyes
I'm too tired to even cry
All these years and all these lies
No more

(Chorus)

No More: I like the organ. What are you using? It had that classic sound. I think it should come up a liitle more for a better balance between the organ and guitar.
The bass is slightly out of tune.
Guitar solo might be a little too loud.

Last Prayer: Cool piano part, but it might be a little bright. Some type of percussion would help fill in a few spots where it seems kind of empty. Maybe a tambourine and/or shaker. Good tunes.

Twist

lastprayer - the piano was done one my synth. the piano patch i agree is not really that great. hopefully i'll get access to a real piano then i can make it sound nicer. will try and experiment with adding percussions also.

nomore - similarly using a B3 patch. i boosted the mids to bring out the guitar leads in the mix. i guess i overdid that bit. man this mixing is really tough, but i can see myself getting better with each song...of course with a little help from all you bbs blokes!

Thanks man!

cheers!

No more has some drum issues. The snare sounds muddy or out-of-phase or both. the kick is really loose sounding on my system and the cymbals are practicaly nonexistant.

This song kind of drags on....

jake,

i think the snare is too low in the mix and needs to be brought up. i boosted 3 dB at 60Hz for the kick so mebbe that's why it sounds real loose.

thanks for ur comments!

KB

Back