New Song

Nice sounds...music felt kinda boxed in. Almost to straight forward for my personal tastes...The recording is excellent.

Chilled

Hello Peter,

As you know, I'm always very impressed by your sound - my ears can't distinguish this one from a pro production. Listening to this tune, it feels as if my speakers are actually smiling towards me :).
Bass and kick are smooth like butter and the guitar performance is (maybe a bit to) close to perfection.

As a musical experience I'd say that my mind/imagination is not triggered in any way - this is definitely in the area of easy listening, but then, it's no secret that this style of music is not among my personal preferences.
But as handicraft, this is top class.

Best regards
Erik

this is very good for what it is.. It's the type of stuff that can be playing in the backround and go unnoticed.. Nice recording..

Pretty cool...Kind of reminds me of something you may hear on a movie soundtrack.

Excellent recording. All the levels sound real good on this. I like your drum sound and the guitar playing is excellent!

Nice job! :)

wow. sonic excellence. Nice guitar tones. Care to share your rig and set-up?

were those real drums or samples? sounded damn good. the other percussion was also tastefully done. Same for the keys/synth sounds.

I was waiting for a raging guitar solo, but it never came, though...

Real nice!
Guitar playing was excellent!
I especially liked the harmony guitars,nice touch.

I think if your going for Santana,you need more sustain.IMHOP
The playing is already there!

Very enjoyable.

Pete

Thanks guys for the the comments. I do agree that the song is noyhing new at all. It'll find it's way onto an album somewhere but there's definitely nothing earth shattering about it.

JR#97, the guitar rig is a Gibson Les Paul Standard played through a little 10 watt amp with a Marshall Drivemaster pedal. It's still the best sounding combination in my little studio. I can crank the amp without too many complaints.

The drums are programmed and the percussion is a mixture of loops and programmed drums.

Other setup is Cakewalk Pro Audio 9, Cool Edit Pro 2.0, Gadget Labs soundcard (I was also caught out with that) etc.

Cheers,

Peter.

AWWW SEE!!!

man, thats where you should have shredded it up and then come back into the smoov ridam. 1:47, dont be shy! Great recording, nice guitar playing.

Thanks for that. I think you guys have hit the nail on the head when you say there is no "real" guitar solo. I'm going to look at it again and rework the structure.

Great comments.

I've put up another song for comment that uses the same rig but is a little more frantic and less laid back.

The link is : www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1886&alid=-1

Thanks,

Peter.

Back