New song

To me the drums might be a tad loud and are a little dry, and the cymbals sound a little too bright or something.

To me the drums might be a tad loud and are a little dry, and the cymbals sound a little too bright or something.
I agree, cymbals and snare are too bright. Consistency of the drums could also be improved, although some variation is nice, makes it sound natural. Voice is good, sits well on bass and guitar. The solo guitar is a bit far away from time to time. E.g. the solo at 4:11 puts the drums way up front, it sounds a bit weird. The solo itself is good, but the relative volumes need some attention. You're right there though, keep working, it's worth it.
Oh and screw you and your emotional song, making me think about death. (half kidding :o)

jpw,
Is this just you or is it the band?
Good song, well rendered.
The drums do seem to move for & aft a bit - odd that.
I don't think the solo tone suits the tone of the song - nor do the shreddy bits in it. I think a simpler line with some sustained notes and bends not unlike the occasional licks you've dropped in would work better.
Really nice vocals.

Sounds good dude. I like that dude's voice (and I pretty much hate everyone's voice). Nice job recording the vocals.

I'll just echo the sentiment that the drums could use some mixing. I think the sound quality is good on them, just need to adjust levels. Snare pops out too much, particularly at the beginning of the song. For some reason, the blend seems to get better as the song goes on. Or maybe my ears are just getting accustomed to it. Cymbals could be a bit more in the background - including the ride cymbal about 70% of the way into the song.

Back