New Song

Hi

Which one is the new song ? I listened to "Somebody Elses Shit" and "In Control" and I like the songs. The mix and vocals seems to be nice and the bass is quite awesome. I'm not in expert in that style but I think it's pretty good.

Nice work,

/Jack Real

They're good?

Well, "In Control" and "Somebody Else's Shit" are the new ones. Thanks for checking them out!

Thanks. I've posted critique inquiries in other forums (sans spam) and have gotten pretty trashy reviews. Everything from I don't know how to write melodies, I'm a horrible arranger and that I can't sing. I'm just looking for some advice, suggestions and some constructive criticism.

Its pretty cool, nice synth work. I like it quite a bit. The lead vocal might benefit from a tad of reverb ( or more than you have). Nice.:cool:

In Control and Somebody are well done and sound great. Nothing to critique. With I Wantchya, the intro is so cool, but I think the vox needs a little work. Are you singing falsetto? something is not working, but can't put my finger on it. I don't know, try bring the vox down a little, might be too prominent.

For what it's worth, you can sing. In Control and Somebody shows that. I like what you've done. the mixes are good also.

Cheers,

Thanks for the comments

Thanks a lot for the comments!

I know that sometimes you can only take people's suggestions with a grain of salt, but I think I may switch vocal teachers. I've been with the same vocal teacher for the past two years, but feel like maybe I need a different perspective. I have lots of classical and jazz training, and went to an Opera/Cabaret teacher because I love having foundation, because that instruction can be carried over to any genre.

On the other hand, I think I should start working with a teacher who is geared more towards the pop/r&b side of things, since that is what I'm doing. Vocals are a funny/picky thing you know?

Like I believe that say, Prince, in my opinion isn't really the greatest singer, but an excellent arranger. That's how I can sort of see myself as. I'm not aspiring to be the greatest singer, but think I could still use even MORE training.

Well, I think you're ability shows through. And although it's not worth much, you can sing wayyy better than me. :D

Cheers,

Well, I want to be perfect. . .

Nobody's perfect, but I DO know that I have light years to travel before I can sing REALLY well. Anyone live in NYC and know a good vocal teacher who specializes in Pop and R&B? I'm thinking of switching vocal teachers. Again, thanks for listening.

BTW, I found someone who will master my tracks for a great price.

Back