new song

Hi there,

Nice song - sorta reminded me of that band Lighthouse? who had a hit a few years ago. Similar voice too.

To my ears you need to drop the vocal back into the synth a little more. Maybe EQ a space in the synth to allow your vocal to be heard without having to crank it.

I like the backups and would have liked to hear the high voice singing the harmony line an octave up over the end -- the end which also seemed to cutout weird on the file I got d/l'ed.

:) Q.

thanks for the reply Qwerty

I wrote and recored this one from three am to six am yesterday (11-11-03)

I sang the first two verses right up into the mic, 'cause it was four in the morning and I didn't want to wake the neighbors in my apt.

as for the end, it got cut in the mix to .wav, I'll have to go back and fix that, I want to do a fade of the end

I like it. Cool feel. I really don't have any problems with the mix. The vocals are up front for sure but it works for me in this song. Myabe you could set them back some. Some popping/clipping going on early on. Sounds like mostly on the left side.

Nice delay on the vocals. Good work!

FYI - This is a huge file encoded really high - 9.7 megs @ 320k. Streaming probably won't work and that is a big download. You may get a few more listens at a more resonable bit rate.

cool

nice sound. Vox are a little loud, but they sound good.

I'm not a fan of keyboards but this one sounds aight. Very big file. I've got 1.5meg download and struggle'n to hear.....

Hey Elephant:

I started to download it, but like they have said, the file is HUGE.

I let it go for about 10 minutes, saw it stuill had 4 minutes to go, and I gotta get some sleep.

If it comes back in a smaller file, let me know, and I will check it out!

VI

Sounds nice. Is there a bass line? I keep wanting a cool groove to kick in but it never happens. A groovy 1/8 note line with a bit of a funky feel might really liven it up. I like that analog synth tone.

to those who've tried,

I'll convert to 120som'in k mp3, but it won't be until later tomorrow or fri

thanks for the feedback

friendlier 124k

thanks for all the comments

I remixed and recut it, then mixed down to 124k

tell me what you hear

Back