New song with a Walrus

Erland

Hi guys. I am in London and I took the oportunity to swing over to see Ian Warnock (another member). It was really exciting and we managed to record a song while I was there for the day.

It was a real pleasure meeting Ian and using a good microphone!

This is the result of a great day.

I cant believe I managed to put Walrus in a song and how silky Ians skills are!

If you have a few minutes could you check it out and tell us what you think?

Walrus Chorus

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1375&alid=-1

Great to be back

Erland

www.erlandcooper.com

Nice recording

I liked the whole thing except the drum snare....seemed a bit harsh. You have a wonderfull voice and the song shows it off quite well. Thanks for posting this.... I give it a 8.5 out of 10

Rick

Hey Erland,

Congratulations on putting Walrus in a song. :D

This is definitely nice, I like the harmonies especially.

I'm curious, what is this song about??? Don't say Walrussessses...:D

P.S. Your CD is still in heavy rotation at my house....everyone loves it. Congrats on that again.

great stuff... very hi quality! keep it up.

if anything, i might do a few more takes here and there on parts that seem a little hesitant on the vocals, or slightly, ever so slightly on the drums. and the only reason i say that is b/c with those little tweaks i could hear that song on heavy rotation on my local radio station in philadelphia

Lovely.... I don't like to think that recording quality is everything, but if you have the talent, it certainly boosts it doesnt it? :)

Nice song, with... *DRUMS*, they sound very nice, as does the acoustic and the vocals and harmonies and damn pretty much everything. And now you're gonna tell me that you wrote it 10 minutes before recording ;) So, how was everything recorded?

Great stuff

Kit

Yup, this is the sort of thing I aspire to. You're kind of like a bench mark around here as far as songwriting goes.

Great recording too, I especially love how the cymbals seem to fade in (crescendo) at points. How did you do that?

Hi -

- Nice guitar line - I like the fade up and down again around 0:30.
- Kick and snare don't seem to cut through the mix real well here.
- Like the stop @ 2:10ish
- Does the guitar get too loud in the right hand side before that though? I can't decide......
- Backup sounded a little too thin and a bit pitchy when it first comes in @ 2:45
- Can't really agree with your final sentiments.....

Maybe retrack the guitars and watch out for those annoying times where you have fretted the note cleanly but just deadened the ring of the string as another finger brushes it..............

Or tell me to get a life and go and write another good song.

;) Q.

Cheers

Thanks for checking it out chaps.

Rick Hansen. thanks mate. I suppose drums is one of those things were you either like it or not. The more you dont like it, the more annoying it becomes. Its one of my first with drums. I am glad you liked the song. thanks for the review.

lynx. Thanks again Lynx. I am really glad you still like the CD. I guesed a Walrus makes a pretty loud noise. I often meet people who shout the same things over and over. They talk more than act. I suppose its the same chorus. A little silly really.

Paco. Thanks Paco for the listen. We had a day to record and so most was first or second takes. Plus I was quite nervous. I think it grabs the day well though. Exciting.

I think the best thing that could come of this is for you to try and get signed to a recording deal.
Then you could take your considerable songwriting ability and mate that with recording pro's to produce saleable music.

If anyone has a shot it's YOU:D

Thanks for the listen Erland

oh, what a nice tune...

..thank you for the good music!

Personally I would bring the bass up a bit and I would have probably recorded the guitar with a different technique to make it sound a little "warmer" and "wider", but that is just personal taste. Really nice sound for a beautiful song.

Peace...

PC

well damn, first or second takes? now i'm even more amazed!

let's bump this thread up.... best thing i've heard on here yet (besides my stuff, of course, ;-)

awsome

CanopuS. Thanks for checking it out. It was the first time I had used a nice mic before and recorded onto computer so it was exciting for sure. Ian put a drum track on and recorded me running through a guide track. Then we recorded the guitar along to the guide then the vocal to the guitar. Ian added a bassline and I recorded another guitar part. Then Ian did majic things mixxing it with Cubase. It was a cracking good day out!

Phyl. Wow, thats a nice thing to say. Thanks for listeing to it. I am trying to take the recording up a level and meeting Ian definately did that. Cheers!

Qwerty. Thanks for the review and advice. It was a great thing meeting Ian and I think the song recording grabs the feeling of the day. The ending singing was improvised in, perhaps I should have done something else there. Thanks again.

elephant. What a charming thing to say. Made my day cheers!

HevyD47Ca. Thats inspiring, thankyou. I want to record a demo album this christmas. Something good quality like this one that has a range of songs on. I have a new mic in the post and so cant wait to get cracking when I get back up to Scotland. I will keep posting as I go along. Kind regards.

PowerCouple. Im glad you listened to this one mate. It was fun to try new things and I would like to try more. Cheers!

Paco. Hi man! Could you give me a link to your stuff?

All the best

Erland

:)

This is top-notch stuff here. It just has that pro feel to it, very well done.

You have a great voice man! You make it sound easy. This has inspired me to write my first material in several months. Anyways, off I go to try to write some more :)

Thanks for posting this.

I'm humbled. Absolutely brilliant!

This is too good to be single take stuff, but it has a real "live" feel to it. The harmonies are a bit loose, which personally I think adds to the live feel and I would leave them exactly as is. And, of course, the piece at the end helps as well.

For me this could be on the radio as is. 5 stars.

BTW, has this anything to do with Lennon's walrus. I could almost envision slipping in a coo-coo-ka-choo somewhere. :)

ncie one

dachay2tnr. Hey there. Thanks for checking it out. I like the live feel too, it reminds me of the great day out. Radio ready, wow. Cheers mate. I figured because Walrus had been used by Lennon it wouldnt sound so wierd from me. Thanks again.

Erland

:)

www.erlandcooper.com

Back