new hard rock melodic song "The Travel song"

I did an A/B comparison through my (arguably dodgy) headphones and actually preferred the first mix. Sounded more organic and airy. The seond mix sounds a little narrow, in terms of the stereo image - doesn't seem as nice and wide as the first, although the vocals are a better level in the second.

Ben

bendbones-
thanks for checking it out.

wow, the first one better, eh?

you're the very first person who's said they liked the first one better than the second.

somebody did me a favor, ran it thru their magic program that tells them things i'll never understand, and figured out that the first file had been pretty much clipped throughout..

it was an issue with how i told sonar to ouput the file, WITHOUT the automation (which includes the mastering, which had a brickwall limiter at the end)

onto the new one.....
now, as far as the panning goes, i can't remember now if i brought the guitars in more, spread em more, or left them the same.

i'm not applying any kind of mastering trick at the end, to widen the stereo field....
could be i just added some more automation to the left/right guitars, to make them seem more together....
and i did do some different eq, so maybe that affected the way the stereo sound came across...
good comment, i'm gonna go check that out right now......

Back