New Song - What do you think?

You've got a good mix there except that vocal is freaking annoying. It's a little too much in your face with sibilance. The range that most of us try to avoid. It reminds me of my days when I used to work on PA speakers and I would listen to a horn driver playing by itself. Sorry but, it's not enjoyable to listen to at all.

Is that harmonica I hear lurking in the background? You have it at a good level, but I would bring it up front just at a few spots where the singing pauses, (such as 1 minute in and again at 1:45.)

The rest of it sounds good. I like it.

Good mix, but I agree the vocal EQ is odd and grating after a miniute or so. Joe Walsh used to EQ his voice just like that but it wasnt so harsh. I'd say basically he left the track flat and cut everything with a HPF under 4-500hz. If you wanna boost presence on vocals it has to be above 8k to avoid sibilance.

Thanks for the comments. I used an Astatic harmonica microphone for the vocals to try to get that old blues bad microphone sound but maybe it needs more work. I'll give a try evening it out as you guys suggested.

Rawdepth: yes that is an harmonica. I agre it could be a bit more forward in spot.

Thanks

Kind of a Petty vibe to the vocals. It's a cool effect but maybe a bit overdone as everything else is so clean. Good playing and singing - classic blues feel and groove.

Back