New song up for critique.

Hi,

I'm just a newbie but every bit helps eh, vocals sound clear and bright, acoustic sounds full, drums sound nice maybe could use a slight lift just a tad flat sounding, nice little number though, well done

Nice song man. It's very catchy and fun and I think overall it's got a pretty nice sound. The drums sound a little dull too me, but I prefer a nice crisp snap on my drums. If you were going for this sounds, I think it works fine.

The biggest concerns I have are the vocals....

First, lead vocal is just a little too dry for me. I would have put (and ever so slightly) a little more reverb on them. In this case, probably not much of a pre-delay, and a short tail, but it needs a little something, play around with it.

Second, the background vocals. You need to eq the BG vox different than the lead to make them slide back. Also, pan them a little one way or the other so they dont compete with the lead so bad up front. Finally, a touch more reverb on the BG than the lead and you'll be in good shape. Everything else is pretty nice. Well done.

Back