New Song "Together"

poo

heyguys,

I just put up a new one at mp3.com.."Together"

What happened with this mix is that I re-did it after cutting the demo track...BUT the new one didn't have the same feel as the old one (which is the one I posted) I just told myself "what the hell" post it up, it may have a few anamolies, but itll get the point across..

what do you guys think?

thanks

p.s.s (good thinkin' kramer..)

http://www.mp3.com/davidpuzak/

Last edited:
Excellent tune dude.I really like your vocal work.Something sounds a little harsh in the mix.....I cant put my finger on it......it's not the vocals,it may be the guitars........did you compress the drums?

Maybe someone with better ears than mine will give you some mix advice.

I really like the tune though.Good vocal hook throughout.

thanks.

I actually find that vocals are my weakest link. I tend to dislike my voice. Actually, I was going to ask if you think there are any ways to improve it...

I know what you're talking about harsh wise..its probably a problem that began from the ground of the song..EQ and stuff..

hey, I like your vocals a lot on this one. one thing I noticed though is that the volume of the vocals is kind of up and down throughout the song. in parts they're kind of buried & in parts they're quite up front. So maybe a little compression/limiting/eq would help the vocals to sit a little better in the mix. But overall I think you did great here.

Chris

Nice full song.

Good mix as far as I can tell.
Back up vocals sound just right.
Vocals sounded good to me. I didn't catch the fadings that groucho mentioned.
I'm on headphones though to. Maybe that's something to do with it.

very cool song here man.
person you can atleast talk to...sounds wierd like alliteration wise...?...maybe not....
good job on the falsetto ..sounds great
second time thru the aforementioned alliteration issue is cleared up..:D really a great song im gonns check out some more of these on yer page

jamal

I'm actually just beggning to record my vocal stuff. Ive just recently come out of my shell for singing. I used to always just do instrumental (as you can hear on that mp3.com page)

Look forward to hearing some more songs from me in the next little while. This board has helped me more than I have words to say.

I really liked this song alot.

As far as the mix goes... The drums sound a little buried to me. Maybe its the vocals being so far out front. IMHO

Steven

(smiley)

:) like bathing your soul in sunshine :)

WTF was that about "Adult Contemporary" on mp3.com tho? :D This is more your "Alterna-Pop" stuff... like "Flickerstick", or those other flower picking bands :D ;) (joke)

Very solid songwriting; a classic approach to the pop-rock song...

IMO mix issues have something to do with the bass... seems mushy, but just in certain spots... tends to mask the snare and kick... try a surgical EQ cut on bass at both 90Hz and 210Hz.... (adjust those to taste)

Is the bass overly compressed? If so, a slower attack setting could liven it a bit. If it was compressed during tracking, it may help to re-track it....

The biggest issue seems to be the hidden snare drum, and it's accompanying hidden reverb :)

Chad

PS: Mind if I call you "feces", poo? It just sounds more sophisticated :D

drum panning is the only thing i'm not sure if like so much.
seems like lots of it is panned left more then right.

especially noticable is the ride.

Man great tune! I've heard this voice before...well someone that sounded like you anyway, lead singer for the cranberrys/rasberrys?:confused:. Really thought you did a fine job though..enjoyed it much!

Back