new song, tell me what you think.

dyingserenity

The drums on this song was recorded with mics, but i replaced them with drumagog, and i was just wondering how it sounded from someone elses point of view. Please give me tips if it needs it.

Prelude to our lifes.

Wow!!! That intro broke my hymen. Overall the mix sounds a little left to me, and could use some low end balls. Decent tones though. :)

Why did you replace hem?
Sounds like programmed drums meet death metal meet R.J. Dio.
Actually hey seem OK but the question remains.

well thanks. yah i kno it needs a little more work and the vocals are a little off panned but i was just wondering if anything is to loud or to low? and what is with frequencies? i dont know to much about them, and some stuff on that sounds override. can anyone help with that?

If your rec or ed prog has a graphic EQ pull it up & look at the bottom - it list the frequencies each band deals with. Generally the ones to the right are High & to the right are Low. In the middle is Mid. the Low are low numbers moving the right to in the thousands.
Using the Graphic EQ for the moment you can pull down or push up a band to see what effect it has on the track or instrument. that'll give you a clue as to what to do with your parametric EQ.

okay well i think i got it now, i messed with the frequencies of like everything and it sounds way better and the drums stand out more. thanks.

check it out here.

A big change but you may need to put some bottom end in somehwere. Try to do different things to different instruments to see if they mesh without blending.

Back