New song need some critisim... (RAP)

wx3

Hey guys,

My friend sent me this song to ask me for some critisim. So I thought I'd post it for you guys to take a listen to. I'm not sure about the recording techniques he used, although I do know he doesn't use any midi. He plays his beats parts by part and records them live to track.

Apparently he raps too.... lol

so check it out and tell me what you think:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=380545

The song on top called It's Life - Jay Den...

Thanks!

It's well put together and he raps well. I don't know what you mean by "He plays his beats parts by part and records them live to track." That is definitely a programmed drum machine. By saying he "plays them", I guess you mean he programs them and hits quantize. That's not quite "playing" them. Sounds like a positive message, which is a nice change for rap, but I don't hear anything I haven't heard before. This could be any one of a hundred artists. But he is good at it.

RAMI said:
It's well put together and he raps well. I don't know what you mean by "He plays his beats parts by part and records them live to track." That is definitely a programmed drum machine. By saying he "plays them", I guess you mean he programs them and hits quantize. That's not quite "playing" them. Sounds like a positive message, which is a nice change for rap, but I don't hear anything I haven't heard before. This could be any one of a hundred artists. But he is good at it.

lol... I've tried to teach him about drum machines and so on. Belive me, he plays each track part by part. He'll sit there on the keyboard and black the drums by hand and record them as an audio track. It's actually pretty cool.

Back