New song Mix

Bisson820

Hey guys,

So this is not the final product and the breakdown after the 2nd chorus is going to have a classical guitar lead (pretty cool actually) over it that we haven't recorded yet... but let me know what you guys think of this and lemme know your thoughts.

Pretty cool dude. The vocals need to be cleaner in the mix. Overall- I like the energy and idea. Good work dudells. Hmm... I don't know what dudells means... whatever.. you get the idea.

vocals need to be cleaner in the mix??? nothing wrong with this ! nice song nice vocals nice tune nice recording

this is the only song ive personally liked while searching through these forums songs. i personally feel the vocals can slightly go up maybe a half a db. i also personally feel the bass is louder than the rhythm guitar by a fair amount too. i like the cymbal sound coming. when the singer says we must run away to stay the same at the end did you blast the master fader up a few db cause it got way louder on my speakers at that note of run or work whatever he says. i like your vocals effects you threw in though. i would actually like to know what mic you used for recording vocals ? id personally go with a different acoustic guitar effect for that bass solo part mid to ending. they just sound like they need to be more alive huge room sounding to me. this is all just personal input and i am in no way a good mixer but im just sending my personal opinion. is the bass supposed to completly drop out at 225? it sounds like it is not supposed to? also i feel that the hi hat at 244 is too loud and kinda pierces my ears in its highs.

overall the mix is in my opinion way beyond most to nearly all other recording mixes ive heard so far while browsing these songs. great job. feel free to critisize my song ive posted as well in this forum for im not a pro either but do have an opinion. good luck with this its a great song.

Sounds pretty good - I think the guitars could use a little lower-mid EQ - they sound a little thin - maybe a little brighter on the drums too - the snare and the bass drum seem a tad dull - this is mostly a matter of taste though so take it for what it's worth

great song - Great performance and arrangement

Thanks a lot guys!!!

Knives - there is still a decent amount to be done to this but thank you very much for your input and kind words!!! there was no trickery with the master fader, its just the dynamic of the song we want the end to be the loudest part. During what part is the bass dominant? if not the whole time in your opinion. It is a very bass driven song and if you mean during the verse then we kind of what the bass to be in front of the verse guitar, so when the pre chorus rips open with the distortion/octaves it makes the guitars big and interesting. The mic i used on vocals was the TLM 102... which has been amazing so far. the bass solo part you're talking about is actually awaiting the tracking of our lead guitarists lead with a classical guitar.. sounds odd at first until you hear it and it sounds pretty damn cool.

Arcadeko, i agree with the guitars.. believe it or not... none of the guitars have EQ or compression yet... the only thing compressed so far is the kit and the bass and vocals. I also agree that some work can be done with the snare and kick, but its not done yet!!!!

Back