new song - Journey

Jags

Journey (3mins 30secs) www.ampcast.com/jags

Similar style to the last one. Let me know if you can hear any improvement that you might notice to the quality of the vocals compared with my previous attempts, if you can be bothered, I got a new mic and pre-amp/ compressor and I'd like to know if they are worth it ;).

Thanks

Jags

Hey

Greetings,

I must say thats a pretty cool guitar intro....less is more there.

I noticed something right away, the clean guitar is rather blunted, while the drums are very sharp and crisp, is that a designed contrast?

I could hardly hear the verse vocals....

SirRiff

Thanks sirriff, I thought of making the drums a bit rougher, if you know what I mean, but I think I thought the difference in sound went ok together, i might look into reducing the contrast a bit. The quietness of the vocals in the verse is half meant, because I was and still am thinking of putting another vocal part in either to compliment it or just to double track it. I don't know if you noticed that in the verse I sung with my own (scottish) accent rather than my normal (americanised I guess) singing voice for a change and I'm not sure if it sounds ok. I might do vocals in my normal style and double track them with what's there already, though I don't know how that would sound... probably weird... hmm, i like it ;)

Thanks for listening

Jags

very nice piece jags.moody,introspective,good arrangement.look forward to hearing it with just a touch more clarity or definition to the vocal track.listened to a couple others on your site and really like the different flavors your music presents.

Thanks a lot Keith, I'm glad you enjoyed it :). I do try to bring variety to the various songs that I do to make it a bit more interesting so it's good that you have appreciated it, that's what it all about ;). I'll be working on improving/adding to the vocal tracks today so I might have another mix ready tonight.

Thanks again.

Jags

Great song! I liked the fade out at the end; it gave a sort of 'haunting' impression reminiscient of 'Nightmare on Elm Street'. :)

t

haha, thanks langleyt, your praise is very much appreciated. I'd like to say I was going for that nightmare on elm street sound but I think it's just a fortunate coincidence;). Thanks for listening

Jags

Back