New song - how's the mix?

as i listen-

the drums sound like a drum machine..perhaps a bit of verb on the snare? awesome rhythm though, really catchy.
the acoustic guitar has a real nice tone to it - again i find it a tad dry.
love the reversed guitar! sounds real cool
your voice sounds good, nice reverb.
during the chorus i think it would be called, you but some weird fx on your voice, it sounds real cool but its just a bit too loud to my taste.
the guitars need to come up a bit during the chorus, i mean they sound slightly louder during the verse than the chorus.
wicked solo!

you've got some really awesome guitar tones man! really cool, original shit.

good job man!

MD

Hi MD, thanks for the listen and for the useful commentary! :)

I think I agree that the rhythm guitars in the verse should come down. I had trouble keeping the chorus from clipping on the master bus, so I brought the guitar tracks down there. The small amount of compression I have on the master bus could also explain the level drop during the chorus.

Glad you like the backwards guitar in the beginning. It has been starting to fell too gimmicky to me, and I have been toying with the idea of taking it out. Most likely I've just heard it too many times now. :D

Thanks again.

Chris

Dig the tune. Have you tried other delays or reverb on the chorus? It sounds a little bathroomy to my ears.

Look fwd to hearing more,

JD

guttapercha said:
Dig the tune. Have you tried other delays or reverb on the chorus? It sounds a little bathroomy to my ears.

Look fwd to hearing more,

JD
Hey JD, thanks for the listen. :)

I have done quite a bit of experimenting with the vocal effects on this one. I know its not quite right yet, but I think I'm getting close. ;)

Cheers

Chris

Back