New song from me..

Anonyme!

A new song from me guys, I have no idea what to do with it. All I know is that I want to do something more with it. Tips and advice very welcome..!

Edit: New song! Didn't want to start a new thread

Last edited:
A new song from me guys, I have no idea what to do with it. All I know is that I want to do something more with it. Tips and advice very welcome..!

Very good song already. Comes to my mind only that You could add drums and bass to make it even better, maybe even keyboard. Or add a little reverb. I really liked it anyway. Good performances too.

Very good song already. Comes to my mind only that You could add drums and bass to make it even better, maybe even keyboard. Or add a little reverb. I really liked it anyway. Good performances too.

Thanks for listening. The problem is that I have no idea how to do those things, is there a program where you can put in drums and bass?

New song from me

Thanks for listening. The problem is that I have no idea how to do those things, is there a program where you can put in drums and bass?
Yes. You need a daw with vst support (digital audio workstation). Those include usually bass and drums synths or you can use loops. There are free ones too but some are expensive. I am not familiar with many daws so you need to check out some out. Here is some good free ones listed The 5 Best Freeware DAWs | MusicTech.net
Also LMMS is good I heard and works on many operating systems. Here is some good paid ones:
http://www.musicradar.com/tuition/tech/the-20-best-daw-software-apps-in-the-world-today-238905

Last edited:
Yes. You need a daw with vst support (digital audio workstation). Those include usually bass and drums synths or you can use loops. There are free ones too but some are expensive. I am not familiar with many daws so you need to check out some out. Here is some good free ones listed The 5 Best Freeware DAWs | MusicTech.net
Also LMMS is good I heard and works on many operating systems. Here is some good paid ones:
The 20 best DAW software apps in the world today | MusicRadar

Ah, LMMS I know about. Thanks for the help :D And what did you mean with 'good performances'?

If you can play guitar that well, you should be able to borrow a bass and record a decent bass line. You can go direct into your interface and use whichever amp/cab simulator you like. There's a plethora.
Your voice is kind of halfway between Geddy Lee and Phil Keaggy. Very nice. I think you had the noise gate threshold up too high on the guitar. It cut out a bit here and there, but your playing is top notch.

Get yourself an inexpensive bass for starters, I'd suggest a Squier P bass. You can plug it straight into you audio interface to begin with. I hope you recorded to a click. Try something like EZ Drummer 2 for drums.

Okay, so my first attempt at LMMS and creating a drum track. Here you go. This one is without vocals because I'm going to record new vocals tomorrow.

Okay so guys, I did something completely different. I wrote a new song and I have put in drums using LMMS. My first attempt, so not perfect!

Last edited:
Okay so guys, I did something completely different. I wrote a new song and I have put in drums using LMMS. My first attempt, so not perfect!

Very nice song and good work especially considering you have not done much with LMMS. Sorry for late reply. Mix was good IMO although I am not a good mixer.

Back