New song called......"The Reason"

I'm usually not one to criticize a heavy kick... but yours is WAY up front lol.
Good song! :)

I thought in general things sounded OK. There are some levels that I think could be adjusted.

The kick and the bass are loud.

There is a key pad on the right that is really low in the mix.

The high end on the singer's voice is pretty hyped. Maybe a bit too much reverb on her vocal. Nice harmonies.

This is pretty nice. Not sure of the genre, but the vocal reverb is very heavy. However, I think it might actually fit with what you're trying to accomplish. Same with the heavy kick. Not how I would have mixed it, but works for this. Nicely done. Girl has a really nice voice. (I just noticed I used "nice" a little too much, lol.)

Decent song. Not really what I tend to listen to, but I've worked with this style before. IMO the voice was well processed, and while the kick is a bit loud, don't take it down too far as it's very close to where I think it should fit in this particular song. 'verb a tiny bit too heavy -- try ducking automation maybe?

Very Nice ! Great vocals and harmonies. I agree the reverb could be backed off on the early verses. It didn't sound excessive to me once you got to the first chorus. The kick didn't bother me but , maybe a db of reduction would make it sound even better.
Enjoyed the song .. mark

I'll preface this by saying this is not really my genre. I really don't like auto-tuned vocals (sick to death of them) and super clean/everything-on-the-grid production. But, obviously, a lot of people do like that, so ....

I think it sounds really good overall. As it stands, I could see this popping up in a B movie or some Netflix TV show or something.

Everything is well-performed, although I'm not a fan of the MIDI guitar (personal preference). The song itself is pleasant enough, although fairly common and predictable. By that I just mean it sounds very common and of its time; it's not breaking any new ground or anything. (But, of course, it doesn't have to do that.)

Anyway, like I said. It's well-recorded and performed. Nice job.

Nice track. I'm not a huge fan of reverb generally. I would vary the reverb intensity with an envelope rather than having it there all the time

Back