New Song By Black Lamb (formerly The Lambs)

jontflesh

Hi all,
It has been a while since I have been around. I wanted to let anyone who cares know we just uploaded a new song to our site. The song is called Queen Seperator and was recorded live. It is the first song recorded with our new bass player Andy (formerly of Blister66).
Check it out at http://www.thelambsdenver.com/songs.html
We are in the process now of recording a real album as we were not too happy with the demo but hey it is just a demo :)
Thanks
jontflesh

downloaded the big file...24 minutes ain't too bad....great live sound....that drum cadence thing in the intro and then that change at about 1:16 worked great......excellent playing..excellent tune....drummer sounded good, but honestly, it seemed the cymbals were mic'd better than the rest of the drum set....new bass player could have come up a bit, maybe...this is awesome for live, though....gibs

gibs said:
downloaded the big file...24 minutes ain't too bad....great live sound....that drum cadence thing in the intro and then that change at about 1:16 worked great......excellent playing..excellent tune....drummer sounded good, but honestly, it seemed the cymbals were mic'd better than the rest of the drum set....new bass player could have come up a bit, maybe...this is awesome for live, though....gibs

Thanks Gibs, I knew 4 years of marching band would pay off someday ;)
Yeah my heads were in really really bad shape when we recorded that. The crash you hear is actually a old top highhat as I had cracked the hell out of the one crash I was using at that time. All is good now, brand new cymbals all around, and new heads. ahhhh so much nicer!

Feel free to check out another one that was not a live recording :)

Thanks again
jontflesh

I downloaded Queen Separator.. and the guy singing reminds me of The Cult. This song reminds me of 70s hard rock. Overall, you said it's a demo, and it has that kind of feel to it but I still like it. The snare sounds a bit strange to me too, but not quite sure why. The break in the middle with the distrorted sounding bass was cool, but it almost caught me too off guard, like it was too sudden of a change. Nothing wrong with that though, definitely not predictable at least. I found the panning of the lead guitar parts to the sides kind strange, but that's just me. Maybe you were going for separation of the two guitars like that, but I'd like to hear it more in the center during a solo. Those are all minor things though, and I liked listening to this one. The intro is reminiscent of One by Metallica in a way. Good drumming, and liked the singers voice for this style a lot. Also good choice on the name change for the band. ;)

Thanks alot guys,
Jon:
Wow you are the second person today to say we have The Cult in us, thanks :) The guitars are spilt like that because Ben (Right Guitar) records us and he likes to keep it sounding like we are on stage, even my kit is broken up between right and left. It took me a while to get into it but I really like it now. Thanks for the input though. I actally just bought a new deeper snare so we should have a nice thunderous snare sound next time. On the band name. It really is hard getting used to it but it is also begining to grow on me. I knew The Lambs was too bad ass not to be in use by someone else, hehe.

Norm: Thanks for the reply. Hopefully in about 6 months we will have something really kick ass. We just moved into Andy's wharehouse and got some walls and soundproofing up.It has a good amount of room and the ceilings are 14' or something, ahhhhh very nice! Ben's house where we recorded our demo has like 7 or 8' celings and really did not sound like we wanted it to. With this new place and Ben's gear and engineering skills we should really have a good sounding album.

jontflesh

Back