new song - All These Dreams Are Lies

braden_

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7445772

i know there's some piano issues, but i'm not that great a player and there's a slight bit of latency with this sample but i think it turned out pretty good. i love how the strings came out.

i'm planning on adding some clean electric guitar to play in some parts, probably the chorus and second verse, thoughts on that? i don't want to overwhelm the song.

any other suggestions as far as volumes of different instruments are extremely welcome.

and i didn't sing on this one. i might just not be a singer. =)

You have some really nice melodies in there.

I can hardly hear the bass drum though.

Overall you're on the right track.

braden_
There's vinyl crackle or something in the mix -in your drum sample I think.
I wouldn't bother with the guitar.
The 1st lead string line is good but the sample isn't much chop - all the strings are a bit far forward for my taste as well.
You should edit the perc lead in.
Drums are a little loud & monochromatic to put it mildly.
The bass (keyboard) is a bit boomy and needs a cut at 150 sih as well as a little definition around 3khz.
Nice melody.

sweet. thank you for the suggestions, that's what i'm looking for.

glad you guys liked the melody.

Nice sounding music, but the drum track (in particular the high hat) is very distracting. Have you considered using a drum track with the high hat turned down in the mix and hitting 1/4s instead? Might give the music more room to breathe.

i did change some things a bit.
i pulled the strings back a hair, changed the drums so they don't have a crackle, and i actually did pull the 16ths off the hh for the beginning to clean it up a bit. and also took out the drum lead-in per suggestion.
i also did some overall eq adjustments.
thanks for the input guys.

one of these days i'll write a bridge for the song and finish it haha.

new mix up btw if anyone's interested.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7455530

thanks again, i'm new at this and suggestions help alot. i'm learning as i go.

Back