New She Mails Tune.

LOL.. I have all the above, but the whole concept of this band is to be simple and bare bones 4 track tunes..

Joe

So this is the new Voxvendor sound? It's sweet none the less, but I prefer your older stuff. I'm sure you're sick of people saying this, eh? :rolleyes:

She-Mails? :D

Pretty cool fellas..
Drums sounded good but the snare might have just a little too much loose metal mesh on it.....
kick could use some ummmmph....some warmth...some verb?
Toms sound cool on the rolls...
cymbals are nice and bright.....
nice cow bell :D
I don't particularly like the guit tone but the playing is respectable and tight...could use a lead track...
The bass playing is superb...tone is good but, it's a little low in the mix to me...

vox (I mean the vocal...not Joe...even though it is Joe....oh...never mind.... :D ) is cool but is stuck in the mids....
someone screaming a harmony track behind Joe's vox would be cool....sort of punky....ya know?

very cool fellas...
Joe

You guys are killing me with these songs. This is the kind of song that just can't be LOUD enough. I keep playing it over and over, a bit LOUDER each time....and it just sounds better each time! You are planning on 20 songs? I'll be deaf and without working speakers by then!

I love the "4 track format" - there's just something really honest about it. And I don't have any useful mix comments (I never do).

charlie

Pretty cool song. I liked your changes.

The bottom end of the song def needed some lovin' otherwise I liked.

Space

Yeah, I've heard this before... something about following christiaan into the can.

I like the raw feel in this stuff a lot. Plus, it's just such a cool collab thing you've got going on. I agree that the bass should really kick my ass more in the mix. Cowbell is perfect.

Diggin' this project, keep it up.

Nice song. Great drums! Maybe a bit prominent.

Not much to complain about. A few spots where the rhythm guitars sound like they need something over them -- a vocal, a lead, a weird sound -- something. They're just kind of there, left with only the drums, no one cool to hang out with -- they sound a little lonely.

Can't hear much bass. I'd probably bring that up a bit if it were my song, which, of course, it isn't. :-)

Overall, a nice, catchy, fun-to-listen-to song. I really enjoyed it. You still remind me of Sloan. Hope that's not an insult. I like Sloan.

Piltdown Man

Back