New Rock and Roll Song...

Nice clean mix. Personal preference, but I think the snare could use a little more "crack."

Also, during the bridge section (right about 2:00) I hear a slight buzz, maybe on the guitar as the note sustains.

Overall, great job...I wouldn't tinker with it much more, if any.

Brad

Thanks for the comments Boo, I agree about the snap on the snare. It really comes down to the way he played it, it's a kind of "shuffle" thing, when he actually hits it, it sounds snappy, but this song is different. I could have drumagoged it, but I liked the dynamics. There are a few off hits (rim shots) that I'm going to edit out. The band are self proclaimed hacks :) and them and I are pretty happy w/ the results so far.

Hey Bulls, I'm not sure why you are getting an error. I'm in the process of uploading it to Lightningmp3 right now, so as soon as I get a new link I'll post it.

Any other comments are appreciated.

hmmm, so it must be completely average and not worth commenting about, or it's so bad it's beyond hope. I'm hoping for the former :)

Not bad. Nice guitar tones. The overall mix levels and vocals sound pretty good. The snare sounds pretty dead though. Liven it up some and you're good to go. :)

Yeah the top link didn't play the file in windows media player for some reason, but the second link did.
Nice groove in the intro. When things get going after that, wouldn't mind hearing a little more definition in the electric guitar notes. Reminds me a bit of pennywise.
Vox are real clear, maybe even too up front for a song like this IMO, but sounds good nonetheless.
Good song, good energy :cool:

lomky said:
hmmm, so it must be completely average and not worth commenting about, or it's so bad it's beyond hope. I'm hoping for the former :)
Not to worry... but you might want to make some comments on other peoples stuff too - that give and take works really well around here. And your first link didn't work well so any early listeners may have been turned off. On the initial link you can download if you sign into nowhereradio but you cannot stream at all. Membership is a turnoff......

Anyway back to our regularly scheduled programming.......

Fellow Edmontonian - hope you are enjoying the respite from the crappy snow we've had earlier... Nice day today though....

The song - oh yeah - the mix seems a bit muddy overall - but it has a distinct tone that everything is sitting in so I'm not sure if you eq'd the final mix to tak out some upper mids or not. I would punch up the 1.0 k area on the mix to see if you can brighten it up and make it bite a bit more. The beat is catchy and the playing and singing is great. Good lyrics... I think the mix just needs that one tweak to liven it up a tad.

Cheers and Keep that shovel handy!

:) :D :) :D

ido1957 said:
...Fellow Edmontonian - hope you are enjoying the respite from the crappy snow we've had earlier... Nice day today though....

The song - oh yeah - the mix seems a bit muddy overall - but it has a distinct tone that everything is sitting in so I'm not sure if you eq'd the final mix to tak out some upper mids or not. I would punch up the 1.0 k area on the mix to see if you can brighten it up and make it bite a bit more. The beat is catchy and the playing and singing is great. Good lyrics... I think the mix just needs that one tweak to liven it up a tad.

Cheers and Keep that shovel handy!

:) :D :) :D

Nice, a fellow Edmontonian! Thank you very much for the coments! I hear you about commenting on other peoples stuff, and I will fix the top link. I usually post on here at my day job (I know I'm bad) so I can't really listen to the posted songs :( . And when I'm at home I'm working on music.

Do you record out of your home or do you record in one of the local studios?

Thank you very much for your comments. This is the first project that I'm going to get mastered so I'm pretty paranoid about putting anything on the master bus. I did put a limiter on for posting purposes though. I'll look at the ranges you were talking about. I have a new Eliosound AirEQ plug in that I'm really liking right now.

I listened to Temporary Stability...
The initial guitar tone sounds nice.
The drums arent too hot sounding though, and the mix lacks low end also. You should beef up the bass guitar and guitars with some low end.

Not bad though,
Reminds me of Pennywise a bit at times.
Eck

Turn off 'members only' on NWR and everything will work fine. It's an option when you submit the song. Some artists use it so they can track who listened.

W.

It didnt work for me either until I played it as Windows Media in explorer When everything comes in and the drumer does a snare roll he messes up.. I think that shoulda probably been fixed.

A good mix overall I am not lovin the drum sound.

Back