New Rock Album

keithersgsx2003

Sir/ Ma'am,

It's been a heck of a long time since I have been on the forum...deployments, life, etc... Anyway...I just finished an album, "Rebuild Your Life" and was hoping to get some expert opinions, advice, or anything I could maybe do that will help with exposure from your experience.

Below is a link to my website with all of the songs on my album:

Bio

I will be distributing the album through Mondo Tunes.

Also....is there a website that has art for an album cover?

Also...if you have music that is similar to mine PM me!!! I would love to hear it!!! I'm tired of sifting through the main wave crap on Itunes.

V/r

Keith Heimericks

When we were young, the vocals need to come up and the guitar needs to be reset depending where you are at in the song (i.e. it should either be equal to or less than vocals) I would like to hear those vocals pushed up more, what I could hear, they sounded good. I thought there would be more, but that is all that came up.

Also, might want to think about the white on black on your website, that is really a hard read.

When we were young, the vocals need to come up and the guitar needs to be reset depending where you are at in the song (i.e. it should either be equal to or less than vocals) I would like to hear those vocals pushed up more, what I could hear, they sounded good. I thought there would be more, but that is all that came up.

Also, might want to think about the white on black on your website, that is really a hard read.

Hey...I really appreciate the constructive feedback!!! I will fix the website....I don't think I'm going to fix anything with the music....it's good enough for me....I know it's just going to get buried in ITunes anyway.

Agree the text on the website would be better as a gray or something less contrasting.

I don't think you should discount the feedback on the mix. It isn't very good, and part of what people 'hear' isn't a just cute face, the mix does matter.

I'd say hold off on promotion until you get your musical ducks in a row. Get someone else to mix if you need to. Simply flooding the marketplace with more mediocre sounding stuff (no judgment on content implied) only further dilutes. In the past I've been guilty of rushing music out to the world well before it was ready. It hurt me for a bit as people tuned out and stayed tuned out when they came across it later, even though it had been greatly improved in both productuion and execution.

Agree the text on the website would be better as a gray or something less contrasting.

I don't think you should discount the feedback on the mix. It isn't very good, and part of what people 'hear' isn't a just cute face, the mix does matter.

I'd say hold off on promotion until you get your musical ducks in a row. Get someone else to mix if you need to. Simply flooding the marketplace with more mediocre sounding stuff (no judgment on content implied) only further dilutes. In the past I've been guilty of rushing music out to the world well before it was ready. It hurt me for a bit as people tuned out and stayed tuned out when they came across it later, even though it had been greatly improved in both productuion and execution.

I appreciate your feedback.....but, once again, I am NOT picky....and am ok with flooding the market with more crap!!!! As a matter of fact...I wish it were easier to find more crap like mine....

You should start hopping from artist to artist on soundcloud if you're looking for non-mainstream music. I'd also push you towards bandcamp for direct album sales (and you can still give it away for free), and tunecore for pushing the entire thing out to the various digital stores on the intrawebs ($35/year is a steal for the amount of access to markets it buys).

It doesn't sound to me like you want feedback, which is sad because with a little guidance your recordings could be polished and made easier for the listener to enjoy. Your bar might be set real low, but look around you - there's a million artists that produce better sounding music well ahead of you. You might as well tighten up your game while you're waiting in line.

You should start hopping from artist to artist on soundcloud if you're looking for non-mainstream music. I'd also push you towards bandcamp for direct album sales (and you can still give it away for free), and tunecore for pushing the entire thing out to the various digital stores on the intrawebs ($35/year is a steal for the amount of access to markets it buys).

It doesn't sound to me like you want feedback, which is sad because with a little guidance your recordings could be polished and made easier for the listener to enjoy. Your bar might be set real low, but look around you - there's a million artists that produce better sounding music well ahead of you. You might as well tighten up your game while you're waiting in line.

I really do appreciate the feedback....and you are 100 percent correct sir....BUT...i have very little time with my occupation. I am on my last day of leave and god only knows when im gonna get time to work on the album again. I wished i had time.....or knew someone who could professionally mix it on the cheap....but i have neither of those. But i know that even if it is REALLY good....its just gonna get buried. And lets say that the impossible happens....and a label wanted to sign me......i wouldnt do it....i love what i do way to much! I really do have low standards when it comes to music...haha....i like the drowning pool....haste the day....grungy guitar style!!!!

I really do appreciate the feedback....and you are 100 percent correct sir....BUT...i have very little time with my occupation. I am on my last day of leave and god only knows when im gonna get time to work on the album again. I wished i had time.....or knew someone who could professionally mix it on the cheap....but i have neither of those. But i know that even if it is REALLY good....its just gonna get buried. And lets say that the impossible happens....and a label wanted to sign me......i wouldnt do it....i love what i do way to much! I really do have low standards when it comes to music...haha....i like the drowning pool....haste the day....grungy guitar style!!!!

Export your raw tracks to Mix it thread, there are lots of people who would mix it for you. Give it a go, that is who is on here, people who like to record, mix and master (cause mastering isn't mixing).

Export your files, zip them, load them to the site, post in Mix It. Ask. At least give it a try, you are good enough to give it your best.

export your raw tracks to mix it thread, there are lots of people who would mix it for you. Give it a go, that is who is on here, people who like to record, mix and master (cause mastering isn't mixing).

Export your files, zip them, load them to the site, post in mix it. Ask. At least give it a try, you are good enough to give it your best.

... But ...

Hey man I agree there is some work that needs done but I am a big believer of if it sounds good to you then it is good. Music is about expression and the majority of the bands that are signed played what sounded good to them. They didn't play covers or exactly like someone else they played how they played and someone liked them enough to sign them. So hang in there dude don't beat yourself up and BELIEVE you are good enough and you will gather a following. Also YouTube will help you get out there a little bit more...make a good video of your band and promote the heck out of it! Good luck and have fun brother and thank you for serving our country!

I don't think the criticism is of the performance, it's the mixing/mastering that needs work.

Back