New recording, new mix, need your feedback!

KingDiamond

So I just bought a Presonus Eureka pre-amp / channel strip and I have it running through my Presonus Firepod. I have a song I wrote a while back and I re-recorded all the parts through the Eureka and it sounds awesome compared to the Firepod's pre-amps. I also bought IK Multimedia's T-Racks bundle because they gave me a discount because I already own Amplitube2. Anyway, here's the new recording, mastered with T-Racks. What do you guys think about the sound and what areas could use improvement?

Download link (256Kbps MP3):

this really rocks!!

but something could be better......i really like what you are trying to do ....i would focus on the vocals and guitar trying to meld together ...you sort of get it going towards the end but at the beggining the vocals are a little to naked....

i would go the whole hog and make the whole vocal and guitar mesh together big time...like one instrument.....really bring it up to date

hope that makes sense .....otherwise this kicks major ass...like it.

i like it alot, but.. the drums need somthing, like.. reverd and distance. and the guitar needs to be brought up more. The vox is fine. i like it.

I likey a lot!

Very nice Stoner-ish vibe, I wouldn't go echoing the kick since it works nicely in them chuggs, maybe a tad for snare, to get it up a little?.. not to cymbals.
Yes me likes.

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm mixing with some EV computer speakers right now and they really aren't flat so I kind of have to compare mixes I like to this one just to get it to sound good. One of my KRK's is out getting fixed so I have to mix without it for a while.

Fantasatic meld of bass and guitar. Vocal seems a bit dry. I'd reduce the repeat on the riff before the solo and cut the length of the solo too. The snare could be eq'd higher.
I think you have the tracks down for a rippin' song!

James

The Rupture
[URL="www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandid=806350"

Back