New Rap Group - WE NEED BEATS!

prh01827

My newly formed rap group entitled Big Mouths Wanted needs some beats to create a new EP this winter. So far we only have one song out but need original beats to write lyrics to and are not any good at this. We will always accredit any person in our videos and songs who allows us to use their beats.

Check out our first song - YouTube - Party in the USA Remix - Big Mouths Wanted

This rap was made in like a day and we have new material thats way better. comment with a dl link or personal message.

Thanks,
Bo Dangles

if you want beats you either gotta make em or buy em. youre not gonna find alot of people that just hand out beats.
there are some free beats here: Free Beats | Free Rap Beats | Free Instrumentals
but 90% of them are crap
i buy alot of mine from Download Beats | Buy Beats | Free Beats - Shadowville -you can download alot of beats on here for free, but you cant sell them. you have to pay for a license if you want to sell any of your songs
used to buy from Jee Juh - Hip Hop Beats for sale | Buy Rap Instrumentals Online | Download Royalty Free Music

yes and if you could hook me up with a cool bass line and a melody that would be dope!!! also please teach me to use autotune so i can have sing thx!!!! hahahaha

i wanna be a musician but i don't want to write music can you guys help me???
Well, lots of great musicians can't write for love, groupies nor money. Jeff Beck wasn't much of a writer. Nor Charlie Watts. Or Hal Blaine. Or Ravi Shankar. Or, or........:)

Just become the featured lead guitarist. Or the flashy drummer.;)

Or join a covers/tribute band. :p

My newly formed rap group entitled Big Mouths Wanted needs some beats to create a new EP this winter. So far we only have one song out but need original beats to write lyrics to and are not any good at this. We will always accredit any person in our videos and songs who allows us to use their beats.
Bo, not to be condescending in any way, but what happens if you can't find beats ? And is anyone in your group looking into learning how to put together beats ? Some people just find themselves to be naturally good songwriters, well, maybe not good, but writing songs {of whatever kind} kind of comes naturally. But for many of us it's hard graft and the initial attempts aren't necesarilly so hot, but it does come eventually. And for some it's like pulling teeth. But all three groups eventually write good songs.

Dear themdla:
you're really funny. not. that was a good one. sorry none of us are good at making beats. we're all full time college students and none of have the time or equipment to just go out a buy a korg or some type of synth to make beats. on the other hand we can write lyrics which i why i put up a link to our rap. you're really cool though. i was just wondering if anybody wanted to put up a beat and get their name out there. on the off chance that are stuff does get a lot of plays so will their beats and that is how the circle of music works. but good argument! its not like this was my first post or anything and from a senior member you were really cool.

also exact quote from you
"also please teach me to use autotune so i can have sing thx!!! hahahaha"

see i dont get that hahahaha. were you laughing at your own fucked up grammar. because i sure as hell was. and cool shorthand writing. thx!!! i remember when i was in 4th grade too.

Dear themdla:
you're really funny. not. that was a good one. sorry none of us are good at making beats. we're all full time college students and none of have the time or equipment to just go out a buy a korg or some type of synth to make beats. on the other hand we can write lyrics which i why i put up a link to our rap. you're really cool though. i was just wondering if anybody wanted to put up a beat and get their name out there. on the off chance that are stuff does get a lot of plays so will their beats and that is how the circle of music works. but good argument! its not like this was my first post or anything and from a senior member you were really cool.

also exact quote from you
"also please teach me to use autotune so i can have sing thx!!! hahahaha"

see i dont get that hahahaha. were you laughing at your own fucked up grammar. because i sure as hell was. and cool shorthand writing. thx!!! i remember when i was in 4th grade too.

Uh ohhh. Looks like somebody is mad!
*sigh*

Last edited:
on the off chance that are stuff does get a lot of plays so will their beats and that is how the circle of music works.

That's all well and good but it's often the beats that draw people in moreso than lyrical content. The reason something will get a lot of plays is because the beats are good, not because of the lyrics. For that reason there's no reason why someone should just let you have their beats to put words to.

So a guy comes to the forum with a valid question and he gets jumped on? C'mon people. You could just keep it to yourself.

He wasn't asking for criticism of his raps. He was asking for information about beats.

And this makes absolutely no sense. Your telling me that a requirement to be a musician is that he/she has to be able to or want to write music? So the thousands of professional symphony orchestra players that can play Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 better than you can say you own name are not musicians because they can't write music?

That's absurd.

He wasn't asking for criticism of his raps. He was asking for information about beats.

Not really for information...He was asking for beats from the HR community! Maybe it's laziness, maybe not. Who knows! All I know is I'm not giving a beat that I've put quite some time in to three white dudes who make Harry Potter quips in the lyrics lol. :D

Plus, he wasn't playing very nice! ;)

Back