New Power Blues and a few firsts for me

Axe4Yahweh

:cool:

I tried a few new things on this tune.

1. This is the first time that I have used my Gibson BluesHawk on a recording. I used it for both the Rythym and Lead Guitars with different positions on the Varitone Control.

2. This is the first time that I have Miced an amp for recording. The Lead Guitar in through my Peavey Prowler 112 tube combo. I used one of my Behringer XM8500 Mics using the same placement technique that I use live. It was miced at low volume because I live in an apartment. Rythym Guitar is through the V-AMP2 using a JCM800 Model.

3. This is the first time that I have ever played Bass. I was waiting for Sharon to show to do the drums and Jeffro's junk Jazz Bass was sitting there so, I thought what the heck... :D I tried recording it direct but it sounded like crap so, I did what any dumb Geetar player would do... I plugged it into my V-AMP2 and used a 65 Blackface Twin Model and a 412 Cab Model. :eek:

Everthing was tracked on the Fostex VF160CDR and transfered to n-Track on the Puter except the Vox, which I recorded direct into n-Track.

It's another one of my Power Shuffles and I was purposely going for a Grungy Live Arena sound.

His Hand @

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1352&alid=56&20030416213909

Thanks!!!

CR ><>

Axe,thats some energetic playing .Nice chops.
It seems to me that all of the instruments share the same freqs.
This could really kick with some bottom end.Try tweaking things
a bit.(check out blue bear sounds site,good info on E.Q.there)
Again,good playing.
sheppard

agree with the previous comments.. it also sounds very very compressed.. I can hear the compressor pumping.. another good ditty though.. ease up on the compression would be the first thing imop..

Good tune, picking. A little too much room ambience for me. THe guitar was good, I think you could rob a little bottom and let the bass have it. Add a little mid to the kick drum, probly a bit less verb would bring the snare back up more. Good bass line. I`d dula it though for definition, runa direct and mic it at same time. This is a really good rockin tune.

Sounds live all right, almost like a jam. Good full sound, maybe a bit too full, but if that's what you are going for, this hits the nail on the head. Nice groove.

Lead guitar could be louder. The hat and snare may be a bit too upfront, hard to say.

Yahweh Axeman!

This is the best one I have heard from you so far.

If you were going for a live feel...You nailed it!

There is no way I would have known you miked the guitar at a low volume...Excellent job there on tone.

I like the vocals, in A Brownsville Station sorta way...Reminded me of their lead singer, Cub Koda.

Don't think I'm really bothered by the same EQ across the board, given the fact that you were going for that "arena" sound.

Check out this band, I think you will dig them..They are touring buddies of ours:
http://www.giantkiller.ca

Good Show, My Brutha!

VI

Hey Axe,

the vox sounds far away....just like it was live....
the guits and bass have a big room sound on them...just like live...

the lead guit is barely audible....just like live...sometimes...

the drums sound thin...just like live...

for me...it sounded like I was in a crowded club....way back at the bar suckin' down a Black & Tan...

I dug the tunage man...but, I would play with the levels and panning and throw some verb on the drums....the cymbals sound super good though...I'd leave them as is...

Rawk-On :D
Joe

Thanks for the listens and comments Bros! Keep em coming because they always help and they are much appreciated.

Here's a pic of the BluesHawk and Prowler:

Attachments

• blueshawk_prowler.jpg
    blueshawk_prowler.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 14
Back