new pop- punkband recording in mystudio

Oh I don't know fala, the Bass doesn't sound too bad, although it seems a bit too rounded and isn't really pumping out enough for this type of music. I can possibly imagine it with a distortion/fuzz pedal on it to really drive the song.

Dreamer :)

I think you've achieved a highly commendable recording effort here.

On my system, the bass sounds fine, and the whole track just about nails me to the back of the room with its energy. which you have captured well. Dreamer notes that the bass is a bit too rounded and not pumping enough. I agree with the roundness, but I don't mind it at all . . . I think it gives the piece a very live, stadium type of feel . . . I can easily imagine being about ten rows back at a loud gig.

I like the song as well. It is musically complex with lot of interesting things to engage attention.

Did you play the bass with a pick or your fingers? It sounds kind of like the latter. A lot of punk bands use a pick to get a snappier tone.

Either way, it sounds pretty good. A little more snap would help the bass cut through, but it's not bad.

I wasn't so impressed with the vocals. The effects you put on them make them sound very synthetic. Whoever sang has a good voice for punk; it doesn't need that much processing.

I like the guitars; very metal. :D

Ciao Fala! :)
This is really good, man! I think the bass pumps pretty good and blends very well with the guitars. Guitar sound is beautiful and the song really rocks.
Nice work overall!

Saluti dalla Germania alla bellissima cucina Emiliana ! :D
Joe

Ciao Fala!
Vengo dall'isola di Malta (quasi Italiano...:D) ma vivo nella fredda Germania!
Really like like your stuff and don't worry about your English...musicians are one big family and music is our language! ;)
It's nice to hear this kind of sound coming from Italy!

Saluti
Joe :)

Not bad. The drums are too centered. There's no stereo field to the toms but the cymbals are panned. Sounds weird like that. Guitars sound pretty good. Bass could come up a little. The vocals sound good, but they're a little too dry and up front for me. I'd like to hear em in the mix a little better. Pretty good job overall though.

Back