New pics

The windows gone!

What happened to the window? I saw a rough opening in your earlier pics.

It's looking good!

Getting ready to float the walls with mud? And the other buckets are paint aren't they?

It's quite a joy. Yes? Anyways good luck on the job.

Window

The drywall hasn't been cut out yet for the window. We didn't know exactly what size the window was going to be. So.. I bought a sliding glass door. We removed the frame and are just using both double pane insulated glass doors mounted horizontally. This was actually fairly cheap at around $300 for glass.

In a few days we should have the window in and drywall sanded. I'll post another link then

Looking good. Looks to me like you have to keep moving stuff from one spot to another to work in each area. That get's old fast.

Keep it coming!!

Darryl.....

Looks cool sir. I also used two double insulated pieces of glass ment for patio doors. It worked out great.

Construction Zone

DDev said:
Looks to me like you have to keep moving stuff from one spot to another to work in each area. That get's old fast.

It sure does. Things will be messy for a while, but when it's all done a good day or two of organizing should make it look better. :)

What are you doing about having XLR panels from Control room via Live?

I am in the process of making my own custom panels.

I need wire. You know the lighter gauge stuff the kind used with patch bays. I need it by the foot though. Maybe I should just post another thread.

Soldering tips would be helpful.

looking good, man!

I gotta admit that I luv your rates:

Weekend (four hour minimum) 10am to 12am $30

Hmmm, how are you squeezing a "four hour minimum" period between 10AM and 12AM? Or do you charge them 4 hours, while they can only record 2hrs?? Or is "noon" 12PM. I am so confused now! :D

casenpoint said:
What are you doing about having XLR panels from Control room via Live?

I am in the process of making my own custom panels.

I need wire. You know the lighter gauge stuff the kind used with patch bays. I need it by the foot though. Maybe I should just post another thread.

Soldering tips would be helpful.

I'm opening a hole in the wall big enough to fit the end of a snake through (XLR ends) and will make plates of either brick, lead, or iron to stop the sound. I need to be able to reopen the panel to add a bigger snake later.

You could possibly use multiple runs of normal CAT5 network cable. I has 8 seperate wires and its not very expensive.

Giganova said:
looking good, man!

Hmmm, how are you squeezing a "four hour minimum" period between 10AM and 12AM? Or do you charge them 4 hours, while they can only record 2hrs?? Or is "noon" 12PM. I am so confused now! :D

Hmmm... I'll have to look over my rates again.

Giganova said:
looking good, man!

That's $30 per hour with a 4 hour minimum between 10AM and Midnight. I'll admit the 12AM/PM is very easily confused. :)

thundercage said:
You could possibly use multiple runs of normal CAT5 network cable. I has 8 seperate wires and its not very expensive.
Do NOT do that. You can't use CAT5 for mic cables.

I've figured that out. They have to be stranded. I am using 22 awg with a drain.

I've heard it is nice to have a cat 5 run along with the 22 awg wire to possibly run computer gear from inside the studio.

I also have monitors inside the studio powered inside the control room. I will solder speaker wire to two mono 1/4 jacks.

So I can use the wire I specified? It is not the normal XLR cable ,but, the kind u see with short patchs.

It is only going to be 4 ft. long or so.

What is the gauge wire in a regular XLR cable?

Will the small patch cable 22 gauge handle the 48v phantom power?

Thanks,

John

Back