New pickups...Advice?...

Dmeek

So im looking to update the pups in my New Ibanez RGA72tqm. Ive been playing a 7 string exclusively for almost 10 years & recently started playing a 6 again. On My 7 string (Ibanez 7420) i had Some Seymour Duncans (JB 7 string) put in in early 2009 & like them but wanted to look at whats available (as i know 6 strings have way more options) before i get the same pups (the SD "JB") again. In my 6 (RGA72tqm) i`ve decided passives are the way to go but am intrigued by the Dimarzio D sonic pups as well (though i read something from 2006 about a noise issue). Im tuned to a C# right now( the highest ive ever tuned in a band) & want some thing that will sound full & clear (an organic sort of tone). I like a lot of heavy music but also like bands like Mr. Bungle that do it all. I want something well rounded & tend to use little distortion relying on EQ for heaviness. If something exists that's a better fit than the JB (SH-4) i may try it. Attached is something i improvised on my 7 string with JB`s to test how my instruments meshed before putting to much into recording (tone test). Thanks in advance!!!;D

Attachments

• 11-8-10.mp3
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
Back