New original tune with our new band

I can't get it to play - I click, select external player select play & then get a white screen with done at the bottom!!!

hey Ray,
sometimes they do that...i think if after you select a player, and then try it again it will work. It's working for me of course....

JasonBird

that's strange

what are you listening on? Bass and keyboards are direct, guitars and drums are miced close. It doesn't sound that way at all to me...the vocals maybe, they are doubled with one track nudged...too much?

Anybody else get that effect?

JasonBird

Jason,
As a result of the talk/chat preamble thingoh, my mind fixed on a two mic bootleg image & the sound seemed to conform to that for a minute or so. The way the lead solo sticks way out front reinforced the sensation as described. The closest I can find in my recollection is Velvet underground with Lou Reed Live 1969 - though better sound quality & bass response.
Quite an attractive sound to my old ears...

I initially listened on the "Low Fi" option and it sounded terribly distorted. I'm now listening on Hi-Fi and it sounds much better, but still somewhat distorted. I like the song and the performance, but it just sounds too overloaded to me. I'm listening on JBL 4328's.

Not bad, reminds me a lot of that song The Pusher by Steppenwolf.

I agree with the "distant" comment. Was this tracked "live"? It sounds like we're in the basement. I also think the nudge in the vocals may be a little too much. Also sounds like there's a lot of clipping going on.

thanks for the input...

thanks everybody for the comments. It was tracked Live...and it is in a basement. there are performance issues, as we really have just started with this song, and we made a few changes to see how it would flow. Do you think it's mixed to loud...? I'm not hearing any distortion from clipping on my end, but i do tend to mix it on the loud side. it's averaging +2.2 db output. I think to me that when it's louder, it seems closer? does that make sense. I know there is a trend to mix too loud, so am i a part of that? If i re do it i did boost the guitar solo up front, and then back it out after , is it too much? i did the same with the keyboard solo....i'll relisten to it.. and i may retry it again and repost if anyone minded giving it another try...

thanks a bunch.

JasonBird

Back