New one by my Band

Ninja_Drummer

Hey guys, finally got a recording of my band after such a long haitus.

This one is called "Scattered echoes". I think I've had the most trouble with the kick, as I have been for such a while now. I can't ever seem to get it to sit right in the mix without have to bring out so much click. So I apologize if it sounds strange. I'm also starting to familiarize myself with how the Waves plugins work.

It sounds pretty good overall. My only big critique is that the chorus is too much bigger than the verses. I feel like I go from enjoying the verses to having the chorus shoved in my face. Maybe lay off some of the background tracks a bit.

I liked the song and I like your singing voice.

The kick is really loud and has a flappy sound. I'd try to EQ out some of the stuff in the 300hz-600hz octave.

The vocal gets buried behind the instruments in spots.

I'd double track the guitar all the way through and then raise the volume 1-2dbs in the chorus. I like the idea of making the chorus bigger. But going from a single tracked guitar, and a rather narrow mix, to a double tracked guitar is just too huge of a contrast. That's just the way I would do it. But the way you have it, it's like you're employing every trick known to man to make the chorus sound bigger all at the same time.

I liked the song and I like your singing voice.

The kick is really loud and has a flappy sound. I'd try to EQ out some of the stuff in the 300hz-600hz octave.

The vocal gets buried behind the instruments in spots.

I'd double track the guitar all the way through and then raise the volume 1-2dbs in the chorus. I like the idea of making the chorus bigger. But going from a single tracked guitar, and a rather narrow mix, to a double tracked guitar is just too huge of a contrast. That's just the way I would do it. But the way you have it, it's like you're employing every trick known to man to make the chorus sound bigger all at the same time.

I did double track the verse guitar, but I think it sounded too delayed and off so I muted the extra two. I did two takes of the guitar with two tracks each (copy and pasting the recorded track).

I know about the kick. And I should be able to get around to it now that I'm a little bit familiar with Waves.

I like the big chorus simply because the beginning note is so striking and you can pretty much feel it coming. And I like sound you get when you get the low bass and thick synth coming in.

Cool tune,

I think if you address that kick sound and raise the lead vocal a bit it should sound pretty good. You could also try rolling off some of the fizz on the guitars to let the presence of the vocals through more.

Overall nice work.

Love love love the vocalist. (rest of the band ain't no slackers either :D) The mix is pretty close. Just a few things that came to mind while listening. Found the chorus was a bit meh songwise. I was waiting for a lift or chord change or something different in the arrangement. The drums are overpowering at times (esp cymbals at the end). 8/10 :D

Back