New Mixes By Tukkis

listened to 'Consumerism' - big SystemOfADown fans there..
SOAD is one of my favs too

I think the performances are great! about the mix - the high range seems to be totally cutted , especially the hihats don't have the brilliance they should have; the vocal track is too loud in the mix.

thats all, but again, very good performance!

harry

about the mix - the high range seems to be totally cutted , especially the hihats don't have the brilliance they should have; the vocal track is too loud in the mix.

Yeh I agree with you there. When I was mastering the mixdown the band member wanted to use a BBE sonic maximizer and it probably emphasized a bit too much top end.

Thanks for the comments
Tukkis

i wouldn't have the first clue how to mix music like this with real thick low crunchy guitars but i think the thick and low parts are missing somewhat in the guitars here. the drums sound ok, but something isn't right there.

again, i can't give any help just reactions. vocal and the snare drum seem like they are sticking out a bit in the mix overall.

Ah, Tuckus. That still means "buttocks", my friend... I don't care what it means in Greek :D :D ;)

This is not the way

That phrase reminds me of PGLewis' EXCELLENT cover of one of Emeric's tunes, BTW...

Kind of the AC/DC thing right up front. Some hissy noise there in the lead in. LOVE the chord changes! It's got the Rap rock thang, eh? These tracks have got a hail of fuzz around 'em.... esp. the guitars. This is more "RATM" than "SOAD", IMO...

Drums sound pretty good... nice CRACK on the snare, and good click on the kick... but what is up w/the gtr tracks? They're dirty but not necessarily "good" dirty... not up to the standard you've set before, that's all.

Also whatever you've used for OH mics didn't help your cymbals any... there's a real lack of clarity there that hurts this.

Love song...

Better clarity... but still those sh&tty sounding OHs :) Guitars are better there. You get a really good snare sound, however. Nice singing. These songs show some good ideas on chord progressions/changes. Very spooky effective.

The chorus vox (doubled) are cheapish sounding... underwater at a bad show w/a bad soundboard cheap. The verses are O.K. on vox tracks.

Bass need definition... it's just kinda there...

Nice instro break... very creative. Some tremolo!! "rats" and the Blue Sunrays would be proud :)

I'd retrack the drums (which are played well, btw...) with MUCH better O.H. mics, if possible... in a better room. That would do wonders for getting the cloud of dirt off your cuts.

Keep working there James :)

Chad

Back