New mixer, Pre's to suit my sound. .

Audio_Drivel

Well, getting the reel to reel 8 track (see my post below). . and now, of course, i need to do a mixer upgrade (i'm sick of my little mackie 1202VLZ, and need more channels and better pre's anyways). . my next investment will probably be a mixer, followed by a nice outboard pre (I have a good compressor -- dbx 566). .

I am thinking Soundcraft or Allen & Heath, but older designs would be great, something within about a 600 dollar range, i am not averse to used. my main concern is quality of pres and EQ. .

I have some song samples at http://www.originalcyndi.com , based on those recordings, i'd like opinions as to what some good mixers and pres would be to consider. .

thanks

Best bang for the buck in my opinion is Carvin. They make solid sound reinforcement gear. I use the carvin SM162 board. Its small (about the size of a laptop) but gives me gangs of options. All the same check them out, they have a huge range of boards.
Footnote: the sm162 is about $300

Even said:
Best bang for the buck in my opinion is Carvin. They make solid sound reinforcement gear. I use the carvin SM162 board. Its small (about the size of a laptop) but gives me gangs of options. All the same check them out, they have a huge range of boards.
Footnote: the sm162 is about $300

$254.98 shipped....;)

Back