New mix, tell me what you think

-ryan-

Hey,

I just mixed this last night. I am not completely finished, just messin around with my equip. (or lack thereof)

I recorded the drums with an old TASCAM 4-track cassette recorder. Then dumped it on to my pc in sound forge, did some adjusting. Then into ACID. At which point I added guitar and vocals. Curious what you think

still some tweaks I want to do. I havent added bass yet either. oh well.

http://www.soundclick.com/ryanefl - its the only song I have on it, called into the sun demo

-I used my old Stereo receiver as my amp, direct into my pc, Guitar is a Gibson SG, I used a plethora of pedals. Acoustic is a Takamine through some stereo. I recorded the vocals on the cheapest mic possible. I had to take it out of its "case" 'cause it caused so much buzzing. I probably used some of the worst equip possible. . . so that considered I am happy.

Ryan,
I tried both Hi & Lo Fi versions,
You can't reasonably expect people to hang in for an uncertain 38 seconds before anything happens.
The bass drum is missing in action. the cymbals need more space & level. The snare & other drums are very quiet too. Things inprove around 2.10.
Your voice sound distorted & too far back with reverb etc.
The lead lines are nice as well as prominent. You do need to get the bass in to the mix asap or you'll just have to re do the whole mix when you get it there.
Song sounds interesting but you need to do some serious remediation on it starting with centring the vocals, bass drum & bass guitar then work out wards from mono.

oh shit, sorry man, I forgot that I did not get rid of the 30 seconds of silence. I appologize. I'll have to remove that shyte.

yeah, the drums I am kinda stuck with. I had to mix them on a cassette 4-track. Everything else, I have no excuse for. thanks for the feedback though. I'm gonna open this sucka' back up...

Back