New Mix Power Blues

Axe,
I think you nailed it this time! Everything seems pretty much where it belongs to me. I like the song and the guitar playing is some of your best!

"The whole world is going insane"

I can relate to that today! I pulled my crew off af a job today because I haven't been paid. The dude cussed me, threw a temper tantrum and hung up on me. Then he locked the door to his office and hid like a little girl. He didn't realize I was in the vicinity of his office until he saw my pull up out front. I was right there among the insane for a while. Now he's left a message on my answering machine bein all nice tellin me how he's gonna pay me up to date this week.... YEAH, RIGHT!

Sorry dude, I just had to vent a little.

bd

I can hear that power blues sound in your guitar, and I am glad to hear you singing for the Lord. That is the root of my life. Walter

guitar is nice and fat. Vocals are big, but first half of first verse the vocal dips and then comes back. The drums got body in them and sound smoothed out. I hear a little bit of bumping the limiter going on but the whole thing is warmer sounding.

Mark;

Thanks for the comments Bro!!! Sorry to hear about the rough day.

Walter;

Thank you Bro! He's what it's all about.

Toki;

Thanks for listening again and the comments, Bro!

I know there is some ambient noise in the beginning and the end of the tune and I will edit it out when it's finished. I think that I need to clean my burners.

Keep em coming...

CR ><>

great song...good mixing job..
I felt the guitars were panned out too much, aspecially the one on the left....I listened only thru some headphones....

Good work

:cool:

Thanks for the listen and comments! The hard pan on the Guitars is a 70's Blues/Rock Thang. Being a Relic from the 70's, I guess it stuck. :eek: Government Mule did it recently on Drivin' Rain

CR ><>

Sounds good man..real good...needs lead guit and harmonica...
Vox is good but could be better...warmer......more forward in the mix....

OH YEAH!!!................
I am jammin along with my Les Paul man......

needs....lead guit......OH YEAH!

Rock on man,
Joe

Hey man sounds pretty nic!!!

I agree with Toki on the first half of the first verse. In fact, in the cans here at work, I still think maybe the vox could come up just a little yet. But that could be my phones. I'm not used to them totally yet.

Wait...there sounds like some bad clamming going on betweent 3:08 and 3:10. The bass especially. Might want to check that out.

Nice job man, sounds good to me!!

joro said:
Sounds good man..real good...needs lead guit and harmonica...
Vox is good but could be better...warmer......more forward in the mix....

OH YEAH!!!................
I am jammin along with my Les Paul man......

needs....lead guit......OH YEAH!

Rock on man,
Joe

Joe;

Here's a link to some of my Backing Tracks for Solo Gigs. Have fun!!! :D

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1526&alid=304

Thanks for the listen and comments.

Jagular said:
Hey man sounds pretty nic!!!

I agree with Toki on the first half of the first verse. In fact, in the cans here at work, I still think maybe the vox could come up just a little yet. But that could be my phones. I'm not used to them totally yet.

Wait...there sounds like some bad clamming going on betweent 3:08 and 3:10. The bass especially. Might want to check that out.

Nice job man, sounds good to me!!
:)

Hey Jag! Thanks Bro! That's not a Clam on Bass, John did somekinda Jack Bruce octive slide on the Bass.

The Vox level thing in the First Verse is just on the MP3. On the Wav it's fine.

Thanks again for the relisten.

Blessings!!!

CR ><>

I LOVE that tone man! The rhythm track smokes by itself too. Still hard to think you're getting the liquid lead sound with SS amps. I'm sold.

Well, I BOUGHT lol -- a POD. Can't get away from the JCM800 model.

Jes keep on rockin' man - straight up.

I just have to say it again though -- you really make me want to do a blues tune!

Take care :)

Sounds really good. I would like to hear a little compression on the vocal with a bit of gain. How about... Threshold: -15dB; Ratio: 3:1; Attack: 0.2; Release: 50; Gain: +3 .... for a starting point, just to get some of those lower vocal accents up a bit with the rest of the mix. Might be worth a little experimenting there if you have the resources. Other than that, the levels sound pretty good. Nice lead guitar. Big improvement over the last mixes...I know I heard the last one, but I think there was one before that I heard too? Anyway, sounding good Axe.

DemoEtc;

Thanks for the listen, Bro!

I LOVE that tone man! The rhythm track smokes by itself too. Still hard to think you're getting the liquid lead sound with SS amps. I'm sold.

Well, I BOUGHT lol -- a POD. Can't get away from the JCM800 model.

That's my V-AMP2 using a Custom JCM800 Patch. Gotta love those JCM800 Models! :D

Analytical Man;

Thanks for the listen and comment. Still working on the Vox mix.

Tom;

Thanks for the Compressor settings. I used a stock Power Tracks "Opto Level" setting. I'll try the n-Track Compressor with those settings and experiment a bit.

CR ><>

That one made me smile CR; funny how the JCM just 'shows up!' lol. Funny also because my favorite amp when I was gigging in the 80s was a Carvin X100B. I didn't find out until after I got the POD and gravitated toward the 800 that there was an old post on Carvin about how much the X100B sounded like the JCM800.

It just made sense all of a sudden why I liked it. I guess you already knew though hehehe.

Keep up the good work!

Demo;

I bet that Carvin outlives any Marshall, though! The Plexis and JCM MKII Master Models that I used in the 70's were famous for eating Trannies, Tube Sockets, Resistors, Capacitors, and other small electronic devices. :D

CR ><>

Fat mix man. This has a lot more spread than some of your other stuff. Jumps right out at ya. Twin guitars sound totally killer.

Couple muffed chords on the right hand guitar too close to the top to get away with.

Maybe ease up a bit on the guitar panning?

Doug

Back