New Mix-Blues Rocker... Ready for Mastering?

I didn't hear this tune before you had tweaked it here so, I don't know what improvements were made.

The mix does indeed give a live, bar feeling to the sound but I am hearing a lot more reverb then what should be expected for a live bar sound.

I think you could take off a fair bit of verb off the drums and vocal and still have it rock.

Perhaps for the vocal, use a slight slap back stereo echo and add just a hint of verb to that.

If your revererator has a setting for some type of garage or medium room, give that a try on the drum kit.

The guitar solo is way too low in the mix. Bring that up to at least as loud as the vocal as it should take centre stage when there is no singing and I can barely hear it at the level you have it set to currently.

Otherwise, this sounds like a pretty heavy tune with a good feel to it.

Cheers! :)

the high end on that drum cymbal sounds way too crisp....perhaps eq it a bit to dull the high end just a touch........

i think the vocal sounds too wet w/ reverb......have you tried using more delay instead of reveb? it might sit better that way.......

I agree w/ dabluesman....BRING THE GUITAR SOLO UP!!!

it's a good live sound........

Full tilt Rock and Roll at its finest....Outstanding !!! Bring out that GUITAR... it screams. Tad 2 much reverb...sounded a "little muddy" in some spots. Overall one of the best songs I've heard on this board.

Keep posting your stuf man...you are close!

Rick

Hey Bros! Thanks for the listens and comments.

Reverb: I think the Prob is in the output reverb that I added to the toon. It's a Bright Room verb. I'll try some different ones.

Vox: It's not Reverb on the Vox. The vox is double tracked with one having a 7.5 IPS Delay and the other at 15 IPS. I'll try some other things on it. Thanks!

Drums: No prob knocking a lil edge off the drum tracks.

The Lead Solo: Here's a prob. When I try to do a Live mixdown on n-Track, the Wav file that it creates is playing back at exactly twice the speed. So, I haven't been able to bring the Solo up any using that technique. I need to get that prob fixed. :eek:

Thanks again!

CR ><>

back from the twilight zone!

Great to hear new work from U.
I'm too tired right now so I'll just say keep it up Buddy.

Yeah Hevy!!! Great to be able to number you among the living, man. The power of prayer is awesome...

Daf

Axe4Yahweh said:

The Lead Solo: Here's a prob. When I try to do a Live mixdown on n-Track, the Wav file that it creates is playing back at exactly twice the speed. So, I haven't been able to bring the Solo up any using that technique. I need to get that prob fixed. :eek:

Thanks again!

CR ><>

Hey Axe,

You can bring up the volume on the solo by drawing volume envelopes. It's quick and easy.
Still haven't hadd a chance to listen to the tune, but I will later today.

Take care,

Oren

Rick Hansen said:
Full tilt Rock and Roll at its finest....Outstanding !!! Bring out that GUITAR... it screams. Tad 2 much reverb...sounded a "little muddy" in some spots. Overall one of the best songs I've heard on this board.

Keep posting your stuf man...you are close!

Rick
:cool:

Rick;

Blush!!!

Thanks Dude!

HevyD47Ca ;

Thanks Bro!

dafduc ;

Amen!!!

CR ><>

Aren said:
Hey Axe,

You can bring up the volume on the solo by drawing volume envelopes. It's quick and easy.
Still haven't hadd a chance to listen to the tune, but I will later today.

Take care,

Oren

Oren;

Thanks for that info! I didn't know about that at all! I tracked it down in the n-Track pull down menus and figured out how to do it. I've already made the mod with a 4 db increase on the solo but I'm still working on the verb and overall mix so it may be tonight or tomorrow evening before I have a new mix up.

I apprieciate it alot, man! How ya been doin? I haven't seen you here for awhile!

Keep em coming! It's helping alot!

CR ><>

Hey CR,
Sounds good from here,just mabey a little less on the vocal reverb like the others mentioned.

Good solid rock tune,some great riffs there too!

Pete

This reminds me of that "Let's Get Ready for some Football" song. Sounds like the joint was jumpin. I dont know much about masterin so i can't help ya with that but in terms of mix i'd agree, a little bit more on the leads if you can swing it.

I agree with most of the comments so far. Just loose some of the verb on the vocs and answer to the Master...... Good tune. Ntrack rocks and so does this song.
Myx

Pretty good stuff. The guitar sounds great, and the solo sounds like it's at a good level (don't know if you changed it already). The drums really need to have the high end toned down, though.

Thanks for the listens and comments y'all.

Pete;

Glad that you enjoyed it.

Khompewtur;

A done deal on the Solo.

Myx62;

Glad you enjoyed it and yeah, n-Tracks RAWKS!

Whoopysnorp;

Yep, this was an update where I brought the Solo up using the Volume Envelope that Oren told me about. I had also worked on the Verb on the Output. Working on the Vox Delay and EQ on the Drums and I'll repost when finished.

The Lead Guitar was my Gibson BluesHawk through my Peavey Prowler 112 Tube Combo. First time I miced an amp for recording.

CR ><>

Attachments

• blueshawk_prowler.jpg
    blueshawk_prowler.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 9
Back