New Mix and Master

BuildingStudios

.... Hello
This is the first song ive posted... Just wanted to get some feedback on the mix and master. I actually did'nt track any of this, This was all tracked on to a roland vs 880, Then dumped onto my system for mixing and mastering. I think some of the verbs are alittle much but the thats what the band wanted... whatever.
The file is at www.thebuildingstudios.com ... Its reattatched.mp3... Sorry about the file size but i wanted the mp3 to sound decent...
THanks alot

Mostly, everything sounds great (I think the reverb is fine). But the lead vocals need to come way up in my opinion. Also, as I'm listening, it seems that the snare really leaps forward in the mix at different points. I'd like to hear the drums staying dynamically a little more consistant with everything else that's happening.

otherwise, sounds real good.

Chris

I agree with Mr. Marx assessment pretty much on the first tune. The reggae tune on the other hand was just killer all the way around.

thanks alot for the replys... the drums were just a stereo pair when i got them... so i was kinda limmited with the Eq and compresion I could use. The band also tracked some aux percuson stuff, I think the parts were the snare jumps out was actually a badly mixed timbale part.. ohh well.
Mabey i should take another look at the vocal level... personaly i thought it should have come down in the reggee one... I dont know, I just think it fits the vibe of the songs better to have lower vocals..

Well thanks again for the input...
I'll keep on posting songs, These were realy easy mixes... Im usually dealing with 2 or more loud distorted gitars... I hope i can match this quality on the loud rock stuff... If any of you have any advise for that im open to it.
Later, Paul

Does this mean the studio is open...:)

i dont hear any mix issues going on with reattached that jumped out.....except for that snare thing mr marx talked about (2:41 to 2:43 may be an example of what he means...that roll at 2:57 also)....
its actually pretty cool and sounds radio ready enuff for me.....

Back