New Metalcore Mix - Implementing Advice

AntWise

Hi guys!

A couple of weeks back i posted a tune and some of you were kind enough to leave feedback..

The main points were that the geets were too loud, bass not loud enough and the snare sounded dodgy! Iv tried to take that advice on this new mix and i am pretty happy with it.

could any of you take a listen to this and see what you think to those points and the mix in general? Always looking for ways i can improve.

Cheers!

:guitar:

https://soundcloud.com/anthony-wiseman/riffs-17-1-13

Hmmm, I'd still go for a snappier snare to cut right through the guitars with sound nice btw
Overall it sound a little too compressed, specially the drums... Right now I'm using headphones, but it seems to me that it might be a little heavy on the low end
Just my two cents

Thanks a lot for the feedback mate! The snare is the bane of my life haha! I'll check out the low end as well!
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

I would also suggest less compression overall. The snare is ruining the mix, it has way to much reverb or effect on it. For metal music i will pan the guitars hard left and hard right. Is that how you are doing it? I am not hearing enough seperation in the mix. The bass guitar could use some more pop to it, it sounds a little muddy and is interering with the kick drum.

I pretty much agree with what's been said.
tighten up the flabby low end...back off on snare fx...and it will be a pretty god mix. Sorry I don't have anything else to suggest. I mainly just wanted to let you know I listened and I liked it.

I'm listening to this on some cheap headphones, but the guitars sound really muddy and lacking clarity, you might want to try to bump up the higher EQs of the rhythm and lead guitar

The whole track sounds like it's pumping a bit. Either your release setting on your master comp is set too fast or your just over compressing it. Try pulling the threshold back a little bit. Other than that, everyone else has it covered :)

Hmmm... Guitars sound good, while the drums sound a bit washy. The whole thing sounds a bit muffled - not sure why. With stuff like this, I want my face to explode by the sheer force of it. Rhythm and syncopation are good, but ya just gotta up the clarity, I think.

Back