New "metal" song? Ovarian Omelette :S

jndietz

The Way It Moves
Band came in and recorded this a few weeks ago. I have no idea where the drums came from, they gave me a multitrack of them but the drums sound off to me. I just recorded guitar, bass, and vocals.

I tried uploading it to Lightningmp3 but it wouldn't take/send me an e-mail. First song on the myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/ready2bleed

Hello there, not my style, but i think the vocals should be a little more on front and you're right, the drums are off.

The rest sounds fine, not great... The guitars should have a powerful sound, like Pantera...

They style ask for a louder sound.

Cheers

yeah .. black metal.. that song would be nicer with a guitar in the style of vader - dark heart from their latest album

check on youtube.

just noticed that you can embed youtube video. here is the link to the song I was talking about

Wow thats quite some power there. HOw do the guitars sound like that? Sounds like a gain crazy amp with the mids scooped?

Am I wrong? Whats up?

Are they black metal or grindcore?
If the latter, it's far too listenable and non-abrasive. :D

Seriously though, the vocals are pretty buried.

I also think it could use some more low end. Maybe EQ the guitars out of the middle and towards the bottom some more.

I like the backing vox during the bridge/breakdown. Sounds very nice. (Though again, it's far too listenable for grindcore.)

Edit: Wait.. "Blood Spoon". I remember when you first posted most of these songs! Good stuff.
Yeah. The guitars have gotten a lot louder in the mid range.

It is still a mystery to me where the drums come from. They never want me to track the drums for them. They come with with a multitrack of them and I go from there. The past few times they came in, they sounded good...about a year ago they came in and had awful sounding drums. Sounded like 4-track recorded drums because I think they were going for some Lo-Fi sound or something...

But this time around its sounding better, but yeah their guitar needs to be more ridiculous. They have a pretty strong following around here, and in India, so I guess they're doing something right.

I wish I had a good guitar modeling software I could buy. I tried the Waves guitar modeling package, but wasn't very impressed...you guys have any other good reccommendations?

Last edited:
Guitars sound pretty harmless to me. Snare has absolutely no depth, it's just top and I can't really make out the kick. Not bad though, kind of Cradle of Filth.

Joey :):):)

Back