New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

markmann

i am not a musician, but a poet and artist, while i would like to gradually learn more about music and how it works and is made, as id love to eventually be able to write both music (compose) and lyrics (poetry to music), at present im more interested in learning how to "make art" with sounds, so my main interest, at present, is in experimental music, see how things pan out :)
Welcome johm19. What instrument(s) are you interested in? Poetry and lyric writing is an art and so is music. Marrying the two is the trick. Music writing is my primary skill so I generally write the music first and then write the lyrics to fit the mood of the music but can be done either way. Good luck to you.

pip2012!

Hi I’m Neal, 👋new to the forum and to music reproduction.
I’ve always had a hankering to have a play though and see what tracks i could make with some practice.
I am quite nostalgic for the 1980/90s though attempting to setup a vintage setup. 1989 Macintosh with cubase, a midi Roland sound canvas and controller keyboard. Looking forward to learning how to make s home studio and make some tracks.

john19

Welcome johm19. What instrument(s) are you interested in? Poetry and lyric writing is an art and so is music. Marrying the two is the trick. Music writing is my primary skill so I generally write the music first and then write the lyrics to fit the mood of the music but can be done either way. Good luck to you.
i like all sounds and instruments markmann, from the perspective of experimental music i am at present most interested in buchlas, i have a lot of experience writing poetry, had a collection published years ago, though my attempts at writing specific lyrics which would go with music have, to date, not really yielded anything close to completion or satisfaction, so im thinking to write lyrics for others' music, and try to make my own music as instrumental only, at least for a while

pip2012!

i like all sounds and instruments markmann, from the perspective of experimental music i am at present most interested in buchlas, i have a lot of experience writing poetry, had a collection published years ago, though my attempts at writing specific lyrics which would go with music have, to date, not really yielded anything close to completion or satisfaction, so im thinking to write lyrics for others' music, and try to make my own music as instrumental only, at least for a while
Welcome john 🤗

bamaboy4711

Hi I'm Roger, a newbie but I had my BR900 for about 20 years now and love it. Still learning how to use it by going thru each page of the manual. I'm old and some of the stuff is hard for me to understand. I download backing tracks and record my lead guitar on them. Trying to get enough to make a CD.