new love song

LI Slim

Please listen to my latest, "Emily's Song", at http://www.mp3.com/LarryKolker. I'd be grateful for any feedback. It's kind of a post-modern love song.

Also, the stupid genre issue always drives me nuts. I put it in "love songs" but almost choked because that's deemed a sub-genre of "easy listening". Anywhere else you think it should go?

hahahahaha

Its funny. I especially liked where I could hear you giggling.

The vocal is upfront which is nice, but it sounds like you used a sonic foundry reverb , which is not that nice.

I could hear some low level flanging in some spots.
I think the size of the room works well for this type of song

peace

Hi Slim

Still very new to recording but I performed live music for a number of years. So for what it's worth....I liked it very much!
Keep up the good work.

Made me remember what being in Love was like........sigh

Thanks CJ and Git-

CJ- I used fasoft reverb (very light, on the vocal) and flanging (in their chorus plug-in)(on the guitars), which I got along with n-track. Did you mean to say that it's a shitty reverb?

I need to go back and turn down the flange where you can hear it bare. I'm also thinking the vocal is a little TOO up front; I'm gonna boost up the rhthym guitar a little.

Ahem, that is not giggling. It's a knowing chuckle.

Thanks for listening.

Is anyone else around? I'd welcome more comments...

-Slim

hi LIslim,

no dont. The vocal is nice where it is.

Yes, the reverb is kinda wack. SInce I am listening on headphones, rooms are more noticieable, so it wont be such a problem when listening on speakers.

Can't really give you advice on a genre. I'm not sure what's available outside of the few genres that I dwell within. THe tune sounds fine. The recording came out good in my opinion and the tune is one of your best. I'm listening again, yeah, this is a good one. slim. Nice work

Ray J

Great stuff.

I browsed your other stuff and thought it was cool. Make Me a Pallet was awesome - I know it's public domain, but would you mind if I did an electric version?

Are you eventually gonna go electric like Dylan?

Seriously man, really really good.

Thanks, Ray and PS.

PS, sometimes I will jam with rocker types and I start to fantasize about doing a band. I need more time!

--You are free to use my arrangement of Make Me A Pallet, although you are likewise free to give me credit......

-Slim

Emily's Song

Hi LI,

What a sweet thing to do , I hope Emily is a real person, cause for her I am sure this was a wonderful suprise ....

I listened to the whole song, as I was listening I thought awww, Emily must feel so loved ...

.. your intro is a little long

The ending is really nice ...
Lana / www.mp3.com/thecrowleys

Thanks, Lana.

Yes, she's real. I think. She did like the song, although she gets a little embarassed if I play it in front of her parents.

I think you're right about the intro. Twice through (instead of four times) would be enough.

I listened to the "Cold Day in Hell" song. Good traditional stuff. Try to find a way to turn up the volume a bit!

-Larry

Larry

Thanks Larry,

Yeah I dont know what happened with that one .. it is the only one on our CD that turned out that way ....

maybe I will pull it up in Cool Edit and see if I can fix it .. I hadnt thought of that till you said something !! :)

Lana

Back