New Lo-Fi mic I just built! Plus a cool bonus!..

Sonice Surgeon

2dme4j7.jpg

That there fellas, is a real handheld telephone plugged into a custom made project box that converts the input to an output via TRS. What does it do, you ask? Well, it's a very unique lo-fi mic! Yes, I'm aware there are plugins for this sort of thing.. But ingenuity has always interested me more than simplicity. I love making things like this. Very proud of it, I might add ;)

Sounds great, too.

And now for this one...

aceubr.jpg

Yep.. You guessed it. It's a walkie talkie that plugs in direct via TRS. The twin handset is what you use to speak or sing into, while this unit goes directly to tape.. A very NICE crunched, distortion, walkie-talkie effect. Again, I'm aware there are plugins. But there's only one of these in the entire world!

And it's mine! ;D

Hope you fellas enjoyed!

I love this kinda stuff! Very cool. Any infos on HOW you did it?:)

Mike

Yeah, I'll have to post up some inside pics soon, for sure. :)

wow really neat!

Guess id rather be making music, but very very cool nonetheless

Ratther be making music than what, exactly? I guess I don't understand. Do you mean you'd rather be making music than making studio toys? If so, sure.. Me, too. But I don't see anything wrong with using a little brains to make something cool and being creative on more than just one level.

Cool. I had a phone-mic back in highschool, and I just found it the other day. I like the fact that you didn't modify the phone (plus, that's a classy old handset). I just dug into the phone and ran a line straight out of the mic for mine. I'd like to see the inside of that box.
phone-mic.jpg

Back