New live recording from *gasp* my band!

xtjdx

So, my old band decided to reform with a bit of a new lineup and a new sound. So far I'm liking it, but am not sure what other people are going to think. The style varies from song to song and the most recent one we've finished is one I wrote. Being into sludge/doom metal along with a lot of jazzy influences, I'm thinking that this song is going to be a bit too drawn out/boring/epic/whatever for most people to actually enjoy, but I was just wanting opinions on the actual song (not the mix, since it was just a quick mix meant for a live demo/Myspace).
You can hear it here.
Thanks!

I like it very much. I like odd times and long musical phrases though, so I'm not sure how helpful that is!!

Any input whatsoever is helpful, seriously. Everyone I ask personally says they like the song, but if I ask in a forum or something, I get little or no response. It's weird.
Is there anything in the structure of the song that you don't like? Any parts that stick out like a sore thumb?
Anyway, thanks for listening!

It's pretty well structured...

the flow between parts is there, I held my breath waiting for Patrick M to start singing and he never came in, I was disappointed. That is a perfect evolution into an acoustic ballad with electric breaks to keep the energy up. I am way into the genre, hope to hear some more here...

Whoa... you know Pat?
Oh wait I just remembered the names are on the page. That could have been really weird.
We just wrote this song about 4 days ago and our second guitarist was learning it for about 3 hours until we recorded it. Our vocalist is working on lyrics and vocals. We are a really slow moving band but believe that it doesn't really matter how long it takes if it turns out how you want it to. There will be a few more songs up on our page pretty soon, and hopefully we'll all work together to get some lyrics and vocals in, so keep checking back and your disappointment might turn into happiness or hatred. Either way, we'll thank you for listening!

Back