New jazzy blues tune - please listen

espskully

http://www.gunnar.ca/aaron1.htm

I did it entirely in Logic Pro on my new Mac Pro. The guitars are all recorded direct using the GuitarAmp Pro plug in. The bass is straight in using the Bass plug in. The B3 is a Logic plug as well.

What do you think?

Cheers

I've always liked your tunes espskully, and this one is no exception. Are you plugging in direct to the soundcard or through some form of pre-amp? Any processing at all on the way through or just the plugs in the box? How's that neck doing - it sounds perfect to me.

I'm no jazz afficianado so I'll just say it sounds full and rich like some of the jazz stuff I've heard on the radio...very nice tones. Classy arrangement, relaxing as this type of jazz can be. Well worth the listen.....

Have you raked all your leaves yet from your elm trees? LOL - I haven't....I'm waiting for my May tree to shed first and do them all at the same time. Frosty one this morning.....brrrrr.....

Take Care !

:) :D :) :D

Nice one Espskully !! There isn't a lot of Jazz posted here, and it is good to hear some.

Was this recorded mono? I ask, because everything seems center/left.

Nice cool, rich jazzy sound, just like a cup of cold Columbian coffee. :D

Love the clean tones on the guitar.

At 2:39 the lead solo's diddy takes it over the line to give me some good shivers. :cool: I wish it was carried out into a full solo.

The snare has that familiar head boppin' beat of Jazz.

Other than everything seeming more left panned than I l like to hear(personal taste thing), nothing to critic but good stuff.

I had 6 listens !!

Cool song Espy!!!! :)

Lovely piece & flash licks on the guitar.
The bass is very anonymous sounding - is it a keyboard? It has that feel to it, though well suited to the piece.

Not bad at all sir. The Hammond sounds pretty darn good. Guitars too. The bass does have a keys sound to it. Still, it works here. This style isn't too far from what my band does. I likes it.

Hey thanks a lot folks.

Ido - the guitar is recorded direct into the Presonus Firepod - and 8 pre firewire/ soundcard. I just bought this. Then I slapped Logic's GuitarAmp Pro on there (amp modelling plug in) - I think just a "clean tube amp" on the American setting. No further processing at all. I am really quite blown away by this plug in. Great reverbs too. Surprisingly the crunchy tones are really convincing as well. That was a shocker. The neck on the Lester is fine - thanks for asking!

True - it wasn't recorded mono but I know what you mean. I kept the panning really simple.

The bass is actually real - a Fender plugged right into the Firepod with the "bass" plugin in Logic (a bass amp modeller). I'm not much of a bass player but I was happy with the round tone I got.

The B3 is Logic's EVB3 softsynth.

Thanks again for listening and your comments.

Cheers

Cool tune. I'm no jazz expert by any means, so I got to listen with a very open-mind and ear and I liked it a lot. It's got a very cool feel to it like I should be lurking down a deserted street at night looking for someone. Very 'detective-movie' kind of sound to it. The playing is excellent and the tones are great. Can't even tell that theyre 'processed' sounds. They sound pretty legit. My only nit is the brush-effect on the cymbal. for my ears, it could be a little cleaner and less 'hissy', but thats just personal taste. Overall it seems to be mixed well and everything has its own space. Great job! :)

Greg_L said:
Cool tune. I'm no jazz expert by any means, so I got to listen with a very open-mind and ear and I liked it a lot. It's got a very cool feel to it like I should be lurking down a deserted street at night looking for someone. Very 'detective-movie' kind of sound to it. The playing is excellent and the tones are great. Can't even tell that theyre 'processed' sounds. They sound pretty legit. My only nit is the brush-effect on the cymbal. for my ears, it could be a little cleaner and less 'hissy', but thats just personal taste. Overall it seems to be mixed well and everything has its own space. Great job! :)

Thanks man. That's good - evocative is what I was going for. I too am just really impressed with the modelling in Logic.

The drums are an Apple Loops sample - part of what came with Logic Pro.

Back