new highway one 'casters

n8tron

does anyone else hate the new jumbo frets on the new teles and strats. I was going to buy one until this happened. I played on at namm and it was not comfortable. What are the advantages, or, why on earth would they put those huge frets on the guitar??

also, anyone know of any stores still selling the old highway ones?

Big Kenny said:
I prefer medium jumbos but the old highway ones do play better for me.

Yeah, I love the first model Highway One guitars. Shit finish - in two years, this guitar will look ten years old - but they play, and sound, great.

yeah, same for me...its got to have the right neck and play, nothing else matters if it doesn't pass the "feel".

Well, I love big frets (though I don't go with the really huge stuff, but I'm betting Fender doesn't either). The advantages are numerous, but probably the two biggest ones are; it takes less pressure to fret the note, and there is less friction when you are bending which makes it easier and more accurate.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Count me in as a Big Frett lover. I bought a USA 57 strat reissue and had the orginal tiny frets replaced with a much larger Dunlop fret. Great for bending.

I have to try a new Highway Tele. I love my original Highway Tele but I wanna see how the new ones play.

Back