New here - looking for feedback

Welcome!Really dig the swing feel on this...very cool guitar tone and phrasing...horns seem a bit hardpanned to the right on the phones I'm listening on right now...I like the lines there playing and thought they might sound cooler a bit more centered and prominet in the mix.Enjoyed the guitar solo ,again I really like your tone/sound...what did you use?
Cool man...well done!!

Thanks Variaxman!

After listening through headphones myself I see what you mean about the horns. Will work on that. I've got some real drums someone sent me now to try out so it's up for remixing.

The guitar is a Variax ;) Semi neck pickup played through a POD XTLive.

If you want FEEDBACK...the best way to get it is to hold your guitar up agianst your amp....Or stick your mic right in the speaker while turning up the music REALLY LOUD. :D :D :D
But apart from that, you're song is really good. :cool: :cool:

Everything swing & wings really well
EXCEPT
You knew there was going to be a but or something didn't you...
The horn samples - particularly the 2nd one - are way too corny too trebbly.
the horn lines, generally, work quite well though some of the phrasing doesn't take breathing into account.
On the other hand the guitar stings nicely the drums push the thing along & the bass plays it's role like a bass does.
If you can a) get your hands on some better samples - & preferrable single instruments so you can build a section from individual parts or b) con some horn players with beer etc. to play for you the song will be far better served.

Rami and Rayc - thanks for listening and for the comments. The horns area bit cheesy but unfortunately they are the only ones I had (Sampletank). Any ideas about where I might find better ones? I did look around a while ago and the only good ones I found were expensive for the limited use I would put them to.

Really liked the vocals and the solo guitar part! Tone was really nice. I agree with others about the horns.. a little too much and somewhat distracting at times for my taste.. But, overall good job!

Derrick

Back