new here looking for constructive critisism

Love this style Wais1, that was an absolute pleasure to listen to.

In terms of criticism, I think the cymbal crashes are too prominent in the mix and their decay is too long and the kick sample (?) is maybe a little distorted - I'd source a better kick sample. I think the vocal sample in the section beginning 2.28 needs to come in very very slightly earlier on each trigger too, to get into the groove more.

By the way, is that an instrumental sample in the background during the first 15 seconds or something you've played yourself? It sounded vaguely familiar and I've just placed what I at least thought it was, which is Foolish harp,Waerera by the Bhundu Boys. I could be way off though.

Excellent stuff, look forward to hearing more.

I'm afraid the wife's watching the telly at the moment so I can't listen to it properly! :D Sounds ok on a brief listen. Presumably the beatbox is intentionally overdriven? Do you have plans to add vocals? Some of my favourite music comes from the British Trip-hop scene; some vox like Portishead's would work great, IMO. :)

Will have a proper listen tomorrow. :)

thanks for all the comments guys glad yall were feelin it, about the kick i was just tryna use something that "banged" as they say in hip hop. it sounded good when i was making it, but ive gotten alot of complaints solely on the kick so guess im going to have to change that. the intro i chopped up from the sample. also i rap so i do plan on adding vocals to it soon.

Last edited:
The cymbal or tambourine attached to the bass drum is counter productive and emphasises distortion.
The keep going - it's interesting for a while but lacks a melody.

Back