New here and everything recording. Just saying hi to everyone... :)

hegalong

Hi everyone.

I am a Hegalong. I am a freelance writer and video producer by profession, but I do music as my art and passion on the side. Recently, I was invited to do the musical score for a short film and a travel documentary. I'm still working on them.

Musically, most of the time, I play by ear, since I am not that much into theory. Whatever works works. :D

I write original songs mainly with an alternate tuned acoustic guitar, the dulcimer and other string instruments. When it comes to sound, I think mine would be part world music, part ethno-rock, part folk, part alternative. My influences include Tori Amos, Joni Mitchell, Imogen Heap, the Filipina singer-songwriter Cynthia Alexander and Seth Lakeman.

I have performed original songs and instrumentals in various local events. I have played some tunes, too, in Japan and South East Asia in the last quarter of 2007.

Now, I want to venture into putting out my album as soon as I complete writing the lyrics. For the mean time, I am getting the necessary gear to record the album. My direction is either a home studio or, when time and budget permits, go to an interesting place, bring all my stuff and record there the way Tori Amos recorded her album "Boys for Pele" at Delgany Church in Ireland. Then I will reproduce the CDs on my own.

I am hoping that, through this forum, I will be able to enrich my knowledge in music production, gear use, and put out the album I'm dreaming to have... and meet new friends along the way, of course. :)

That's all for now. Thank you. :)

Hello newbies from a newbie. :)

I've been doing it a few years now but was DJing long before that. I see there's a hip hop forum, is there and electronic one too or do we just shove it in wif everything else bruvs?

How many posts before I can post a link?

Ta.

Hello newbies from a newbie. :)

I've been doing it a few years now but was DJing long before that. I see there's a hip hop forum, is there and electronic one too or do we just shove it in wif everything else bruvs?

How many posts before I can post a link?

Ta.

10 is the magic number of post you need before you can post a link ;)

Hello! and welcome to the forum

Might you perhaps be a bit of a Taylor fan? That alone makes you OK in my book!
(I've got a 310ce something something...)

Back